Lt. Commander
# 21 Useless items
05-15-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't know which is worse. The Gamble in Childrens toys in which green junk is the norm or the Gamble in the Tellarite Cultural Exchange in which chefs are the norm. I have yet to craft anything useful in either.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Hehe... I was gonna say something about how the RNG hates you guys.... but.... earlier this week I did a tactical recruitment and got 2 of a Doff I already had.... Then I looked at my bartenders and chefs and realized I had a 1-8 ratio.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-17-2012, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
Hehe... I was gonna say something about how the RNG hates you guys.... but.... earlier this week I did a tactical recruitment and got 2 of a Doff I already had.... Then I looked at my bartenders and chefs and realized I had a 1-8 ratio.
Yea, I gave up on childrens toys and I'm just selling the powered things on the exchange for whatever I can get.

I've given up on the Doff Exchange. Chefs are the norm.

I still do the space doff stuff, every once in a great while I get something other than a chef.

And finally, I work the exchange for Master Keys. Buy low sell high.

The ONLY way to get useful doffs or Consoles on a reliable basis and without wasting time is through the exchange. Save up the credits and buy them.
Lt. Commander
# 24 Dirt Cheap!
05-18-2012, 07:44 PM
I just picked up a Matter Antimatter speciallist Purple DOFF for 1,000,000 of the Exchange. To sell it or not to sell it. That is the question.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-21-2012, 03:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I will ping Software about this and take a look to see if the random seed is somehow getting preserved in some instances. Since it's not happening all the time, it seems more likely it's just bad luck, but it's worth investigating.
You may need a different approach alltogether - Have your random algorithm keep a memory of what a player received, and ensure there is no repeats in random DOFFs for, say, 20 drops.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-21-2012, 05:00 AM
I could use a good chef
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-21-2012, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
I could use a good chef
The crew on my ship eats VERY well. I think each member has his or her own chef and even the chefs have their own chef.

You've heard of a 'Ship of thieves'?

I have a 'Ship of chefs', :p
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-21-2012, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
I could use a good chef
I had to buy a Ferengi chef and for some stupid reason I got rid of it. *grumble*
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Okay, stupid as heck question. What is this "Children's toys" doff mission I keep hearing about?

Edit: okay... so wiki says it's the chain for the mark XII console. Why is it named something unrelated then? o_O.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-21-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalavier View Post
Okay, stupid as heck question. What is this "Children's toys" doff mission I keep hearing about?

Edit: okay... so wiki says it's the chain for the mark XII console. Why is it named something unrelated then? o_O.
Ostensibly you're using artifacts from an advanced culture to make the console. But not weapons from their culture....