Lt. Commander
# 11
04-26-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdox View Post
Plus XP boosts usually cost Cstore points.
Well ... not when Lockboxes are around as they can easy be found in the Exchange.

But to be fair, the CXP boost is 20% as this one is 50%.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Duty officer packs** opened during the event will each have a FREE additional Green quality or better duty officer inside. This only applies to C-Store purchased packs, not to those awarded during rank-up, from recruitment assignments or Lock Boxes... The packs included in this offer are: Gamma Quadrant Duty Officer Cadre, Klingon Empire Duty Officer Pack and Federation Duty Officer Pack.
Do Fed DOff cadres that were obtained via the Cardassian Lock Box benefit from the weekend bonus? I believe I have 2 of them, as those 2 don't stack with another set that I know are from the C-Store, even though items in both stacks have the same display name. Given the wording in the article, I'm guessing opening the lock box versions of the DOff cadre this weekend will not get the additional DOff.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-26-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
The exocomp you get from teh Event will be bound. Exocomps you get from opening a pack will not be bound. They are not unique.
The bound duty officer variant from the event would indeed qualify as unique.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Super Duper happy indeed about this, i can storm through them now
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-26-2012, 03:55 PM
Unfortunately I lost my excitement as well when I read you could not claim the rare Doff if you had claimed one last time. This is really not a good way to do events IMO. In the future please make sure that people are not banned from certain aspects an event because they are loyal customers and got to play the event last time it happened. If that means taking a few minutes to create a new Doff(a copy paste of the same stats but with a different name and picture would be good enough), so be it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Well this is awesome, thanks Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 17
Woot! Nice to have another JOAW. The bonus CXP will be appreciated by my KDF toon if I feel like logging in this weekend (I've been on break from STO of late...). It's kind of a bummer we don't get a different (say, random) free purple DOff if we already have December's JOAW Exocomp, but it's not a big deal.

I wonder... If we already have the Exocomp from December's JOAW, can we dismiss it, get the Dilithium/CXP, and then speak to our contact and get a fresh new replacement Unique Exocomp?

Hmm... Perhaps I'll give that a try (on one of my alts/on Tribble first, heh.)... I mean, then at least I'm getting "something" too. Right?

*Edit: It appears that logging in and deleting your December JOAW DOff will give you 500 Dil Ore and 250 Recruitment XP, but you don't get him back after talking to your Recruiting Contact.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unfortunately I lost my excitement as well when I read you could not claim the rare Doff if you had claimed one last time. This is really not a good way to do events. In the future please make sure that people are not banned from certain aspects of the event just because they are loyal customers and were playing your game last time it happened.
I wasn't able to get them the last time around, but I do agree with what Brandon said. The doff from the event is not intended to punish anyone. It is intended to provide them to folks who don't have them. Everyone, however, gets the 50% bonus CXP.

I'm all for pointing out a failure on Cryptic's part, but this isn't one of them. Most MMOs have events where you can pickup items that were in previous special events and cannot get duplicates. Why would/should STO be any different? That's rhetorical of course.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unfortunately I lost my excitement as well when I read you could not claim the rare Doff if you had claimed one last time. This is really not a good way to do events IMO. In the future please make sure that people are not banned from certain aspects an event because they are loyal customers and were playing your game last time it happened.
/thread (-_-)
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-26-2012, 03:59 PM
A science exocomp to complete the set would have been cool...but oh well, CXP bonus is always awesome!