Lt. Commander
# 21
04-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Unfortunately I lost my excitement as well when I read you could not claim the rare Doff if you had claimed one last time. This is really not a good way to do events IMO. In the future please make sure that people are not banned from certain aspects an event because they are loyal customers and were playing your game last time it happened.
Exactly. I *could* buy one of the Exocomps off the Exchange, but they're priced more than I think they're worth. They should either hand out a second Exocomp (or Reman), or hand out a different one.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Yeah! I wasn't able to catch this the fist time around, so I'm happy this came back.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBaldy
A science exocomp to complete the set would have been cool...but oh well, CXP bonus is always awesome!
No, we'd need a Civilian Exocomp as well. Perhaps a Diplomat?
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
I wasn't able to get them the last time around, but I do agree with what Brandon said. The doff from the event is not intended to punish anyone. It is intended to provide them to folks who don't have them. Everyone, however, gets the 50% bonus CXP.

I'm all for pointing out a failure on Cryptic's part, but this isn't one of them. Most MMOs have events where you can pickup items that were in previous special events and cannot get duplicates. Why would/should STO be any different? That's rhetorical of course.
I added a sentence to the end of my post that addresses your concerns
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Quote:
I added a sentence to the end of my post that addresses your concerns
STO isn't supposed to be the "different MMO." That's TOR's job. :p
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-26-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
I wasn't able to get them the last time around, but I do agree with what Brandon said. The doff from the event is not intended to punish anyone. It is intended to provide them to folks who don't have them. Everyone, however, gets the 50% bonus CXP.

I'm all for pointing out a failure on Cryptic's part, but this isn't one of them. Most MMOs have events where you can pickup items that were in previous special events and cannot get duplicates. Why would/should STO be any different? That's rhetorical of course.
Because it isn't a special item? There is only 1 Exocomp Maintenance Engineer. The ones handed out at the event just happen to autobind.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-26-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Can't get a second Exocomp?
But I *can* finally get one. Woot woot!
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Unfortunately I lost my excitement as well when I read you could not claim the rare Doff if you had claimed one last time. This is really not a good way to do events IMO. In the future please make sure that people are not banned from certain aspects an event because they are loyal customers and were playing your game last time it happened. If that means taking a few minutes to create a new Doff(a copy paste of the same stats but with a different name and picture would be good enough), so be it.
I am a loyal customer looking forward to this event and its CXP bonus, and not yet in possession of a DOff. Please don't make inclusive statements for an entire customer base, you certainly don't speak for every loyal customer or veteran of STO.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
I am a loyal customer looking forward to this event and its CXP bonus, and not yet in possession of a DOff. Please don't make inclusive statements for an entire customer base, you certainly don't speak for every loyal customer or veteran of STO.
I'm sorry you did not understand what I meant, but when I said:

"In the future please make sure that people are not banned from certain aspects an event because they are loyal customers and were playing your game last time it happened."

I meant people who played the event last time it happened. You obviously did not, since you do not have this reward, therefore you do not fit into the category I was talking about. Sorry you are so confused.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidius View Post
So why should the vet players who got the exocomp last time get no special Doff this round? Why couldn't Cryptic just make 2 Doffs? A "choose one only" option so that everyone could get something.

TGN is right about what he is saying, most got the Doff, Crpytic was being lazy with not making a new one for those who had the ability to get it the first time..