Lt. Commander
# 11
04-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCat
Ill say it, not necessarily sexist: it seems Homophobic
There's a minor, but humorous, NPC interaction at Quark's where your male character can be hit on by either a woman or a man. That's a step in the right direction, although if -- like me -- you got hit on by a woman the first time you wouldn't know about this if you didn't decide to replay the mission. I had to because of a bug that kept me from being able to proceed. I haven't played all the missions so I don't know if there are other instances like this.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-26-2012, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thissler
My Gorn go topless. No really they do. Just a skimpy little bandolier.
mine too. he's such a ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuriciodide
There's a minor, but humorous, NPC interaction at Quark's where your male character can be hit on by either a woman or a man. That's a step in the right direction, although if -- like me -- you got hit on by a woman the first time you wouldn't know about this if you didn't decide to replay the mission. I had to because of a bug that kept me from being able to proceed. I haven't played all the missions so I don't know if there are other instances like this.
which episode is that? I don't recall getting hit on
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetteguy904
The Second Wave, looking for a way to get the Ambassador a Holosuite.

I remenber that because one of last time I played I found the Triplets (all of then were exactly the same NPC), its random (the very next time I got different looking NPCs).

First NPC you talk ALWAYS will hit on you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetteguy904
It's the Deep Space Nine episode where you have to do the diplomatic stuff like fix Kurland's ship with your duty officers and try to get a ticket at Quark's for the holosuites. During the process of trying to get a holosuite ticket a civilian, female or male (apparently random, although possibly female always for a male character for the first play-through) -- will hit on you -- thinking that your inquiry for the holosuite reservation is an attempt at seduction. The civilian will be impressed by your aggressiveness, but when you reply you are forced to say you only want the ticket, nothing more. It's a bit of a bummer, but it's not surprising that the game won't let you hook up (since American culture thinks that killing people is moral for kids but not hooking up).

I was quite surprised by this bit of inclusiveness and hope it's a trend that will continue. In fact, this may be the first openly gay character in Star Trek. lol Imagine, that a random NPC in Quark's bar would be the first one. Well, even starting very very small is still a start. I like how it was humorous without being offensive, too. The writer even managed to make it a bit less of a bummer to be forced to turn down the person by having the NPC quip back that Starfleet types are boring.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-26-2012, 10:34 PM
I posted some additional items in my list on the first page if anyone is interested and already read through it when there were only 10 or 11 items.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-26-2012, 10:35 PM
The 2800, looking for the business dealer with the self-sealing stem bolts who has the holo-suite reservation.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-27-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus12 View Post
Did not know that. Ok, so the Klingons have a couple races where the males can be a little more undressed, but what about the Feds? It's REALLY evident there.
Because Starfleet is a dignified military organization based on humanity's experience with past military organizations. Much like the older organizations that appeared on Earth, women are given more liberties in their uniform choices.

Also, it's not sexism, c'mon. I don't think you know the definition of sexism. Women are not being oppressed by digital pixels that show more skin than your personal morals approve.
Lt. Commander
# 18 Our Female Officer Uniforms
04-27-2012, 01:28 AM
Once again, as we had a good while back and STO addressed the issue. Our female officers are running around looking more like prostitutes. Including thier stance as well. Also if the artificial gravity should ever fails I bet we will see some pumpued up Hooters hitting the floor. Comeon lets keep it regulation.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-27-2012, 02:41 AM
I love it, all the female NPC's having Tripple D Breasts Still not as good as Age of Conan where you could run around topless with breasts jumping up and down as you walk. Good times.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-27-2012, 02:44 AM
No... they do not show too much skin...

now this:

http://www.thatvideogameblog.com/wp-...rek-online.jpg <-- From what I remember this is an actualy STO promotion pic from a magazine or something like that.

is not showing too much skin either...

It's fine as it is... PLEASE don't make them waste more time on useless things.
Closed Thread