Lt. Commander
# 21
04-27-2012, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
Because Starfleet is a dignified military organization based on humanity's experience with past military organizations. Much like the older organizations that appeared on Earth, women are given more liberties in their uniform choices.

Also, it's not sexism, c'mon. I don't think you know the definition of sexism. Women are not being oppressed by digital pixels that show more skin than your personal morals approve.
Catering primarily to male fantasies in this game is a form of sexism. Maybe not exactly the most evil form that causes great suffering in the world. But it's giving men preferential treatment, because they get to see attractive and sexualized representation of the other sex, while women do not.

I personally like attractive and sexualized representations of the other sex. But I see no reason why women should be excluded from that kind of offering. Of course, make sure that whatever you offer is actually attravtive to them. There is a difference between a male's power fantasy and a female's sex fantasy.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-27-2012, 03:22 AM
All Starfleet uniform costumes should be presented as unisex. If one gender's uniform can be worn with a sweater under an unzipped jacket, then so should the other. If one gender's uniform permits an unzipped jacket without a sweater underneath, so should the other.

This is why I so strongly want the TNG Skant uniform variant. Not to be cute and offensive to player's who don't care to see men's bare legs while on-duty. But because that uniform really is unisex and fashion forward in a Star Trek setting.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-27-2012, 08:49 AM
Sexism, in a video game?

Surely you jest!!! :p
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-27-2012, 09:08 AM
Well if the game had better options for all the characters. Happy, sad, evil faces etc. We could make the men more sexier, for women. In till everyone can go bare chested and support a real muscle system (not crappy textures) it ain't happening. I want the TNG pilot skirt uniform. It should of been available with Troi's costume pack. And be useable on males. This is probably why it wasn't added in the first place. Then again cryptic tends to screw up, in costumes, and forgets to make all variants for a set. Why is it so hard to show skin in this damn game for everyone.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuriciodide
There's a minor, but humorous, NPC interaction at Quark's where your male character can be hit on by either a woman or a man. That's a step in the right direction, although if -- like me -- you got hit on by a woman the first time you wouldn't know about this if you didn't decide to replay the mission. I had to because of a bug that kept me from being able to proceed. I haven't played all the missions so I don't know if there are other instances like this.
thanke you for that, I do remember it now.
I would agree its a step, very small, but credit where its do i guess.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS_Ultimatum
Sexism, in a video game?

Surely you jest!!! :p
But I really only love them for thier Minds........................
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuriciodide
There's a minor, but humorous, NPC interaction at Quark's where your male character can be hit on by either a woman or a man. That's a step in the right direction, although if -- like me -- you got hit on by a woman the first time you wouldn't know about this if you didn't decide to replay the mission. I had to because of a bug that kept me from being able to proceed. I haven't played all the missions so I don't know if there are other instances like this.
As long as I'm allowed a choice to respond in a manner consistant with my attitude and sexual orientation, I could care less on the gender roles of the NPCs ingame.
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-27-2012, 10:04 AM
WTB C-Store TOS Costume Pack 2, complete with shirtless or ripped shirt variants, mussed hair, and slightly bloodied bottom lip. Also available: Male Open Shirt Variant (Khan), complete with glistening pectorals.
Lt. Commander
# 29 Women
04-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Woman wearing little are nothing in Si-Fi is common form the 50s and 60s and Star Trek comes from that era. Example of woman wearing little Forbidden Planet (1956), Barbarella (1968), and One Million Years B.C. (1966). Even today if you look you can find women magazines with them wearing little or nothing. They talk about them on shows like The View all the time.

What the real crime is they charge more for them.
Closed Thread