Lt. Commander
# 1 Need a new TV series
04-26-2012, 07:27 PM
i think it would be awesome if Star Trek Created Another TV series!

NOW i don't believe in going backwards... one bit...

i would like to see a new TV series based in the year 2409 same as the Online game!

And another female captain.... the man to woman ratio is 4 to 1... in all honesty... Janeway was the only female captain i remember seeing! (been awhile tho) Female Captain should be human, vulcan, Trill or Bajoran (my personal preferences)

If Trill Captain should get implanted with a Symbiote at 2nd season or so.

Could start off like the game, your an ensign. get promoted while fighting the borg, get command of your own ship and a crew of freshmen.
Could start with the renewed war with the Klingons.
could then move to the Romulans.
Could then move to the True Way. (see some DS9)
Could focus on Species 8472 (undine)
Get Assimilated by the borg around mid series, get rescued by your crew.
Then the Borg resurgence! (getting assimilated gives the captain an advantage.... and nightmares
TV show would need to be alittle more action packed! Alittle more... Bad A** if ya know what i mean XD
This would also go good in a game format using Mass Effect Story Depth and Character development
Lt. Commander
# 2 Yes
04-26-2012, 08:42 PM
The last 4 or 5 trys have gone like this. They go to CBS and want to do during TOS timeline and CBS says NO but we will let you do during the TNG timeline and it fail apart..
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2012, 08:48 PM
According to reports, JJ Abrams is the reason there is no tv series. Which might well be a blessing since his alternate anti-Roddenberry universe sucks.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2012, 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izdubar View Post
According to reports, JJ Abrams is the reason there is no tv series. Which might well be a blessing since his alternate anti-Roddenberry universe sucks.
Don't worry. After he gets done making his trashy films TV will be next.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2012, 08:56 PM
We won't see a new series for a long long time. And when we do, it will be for a whole new generation of viewers. The current era fans of TNG/DS9/VOY will feel like the oldies that watched TOS on the tube, and wont like it one but. Oh well I have all the DVD box sets and looking forward to the blu-ray rleases . And please don't suggest another female captain; The last one was incompetent and irritating.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Sci fi series like start trek are dead, they are very expensive, and even with a good viewers ratings they always get cancel because of profits. The stargate franchise did a good fight, but also die (stargate universe cancel after a few episodies, and all the movies related to SG1 and SGA cancel too).

Is more easy make a normal series, some comedia or real-life stuff, with a few unknown actors, low-cost, hight-benefit, or just another stupid wrestling show. Sadly but true
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-26-2012, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88
Sci fi series like start trek are dead, they are very expensive, and even with a good viewers ratings they always get cancel because of profits. The stargate franchise did a good fight, but also die (stargate universe cancel after a few episodies, and all the movies related to SG1 and SGA cancel too).

Is more easy make a normal series, some comedia or real-life stuff, with a few unknown actors, low-cost, hight-benefit, or just another stupid wrestling show. Sadly but true
If they could somehow turn a reality TV series into Star Trek we may have a chance .... Hmmmm
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-26-2012, 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by playhard88

stargate's demise had nothing to do with profitability. SG1 and SGA were the highest rated shows on Syfy, and did well against the networks on friday nights.

Stargate's problem is that it's owned by MGM which is in the middle of bankrupcy. if Stargate:Worlds had hit th servers I'd be there before here
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-26-2012, 09:34 PM
@jkstocbr:

SGU ran an entire season, and it was fairly good. Let's not count it out entirely because it got cancelled. So was Firefly, after a fraction of same number of episodes.

SG1 had about half a dozen movies made towards the end and after the end of the series. SGA tied it all in and was back on earth (rather tidy, but so be it) so there was no need for any movies.

Your analysis is a bit flawed.

Fact of the matter is most often networks don't know what the frak they're doing with shows, good or bad. That's why Survivor and American Idol remain on the air when shows like The Good Guys, Invasion, or any number of other decent shows, get *&#$-canned.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-26-2012, 09:48 PM
It would be tough because of budgetary contraints, but it could be done.

However, J J Abrams shouldn't be allowed anywhere near it.

Good writing can make a series fly even with a small budget.