Lt. Commander
# 11
04-26-2012, 09:50 PM
I think we've seen a ship flying around a frickin dozen times, so I don't think it's gonna happen. A Starfleet Academy show might be interesting, showcasing some of the young actors everyone likes. They can do shuttle missions around Jupiter or some crap.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon760 View Post
I think we've seen a ship flying around a frickin dozen times, so I don't think it's gonna happen. A Starfleet Academy show might be interesting, showcasing some of the young actors everyone likes. They can do shuttle missions around Jupiter or some crap.
They should make it like a reality show and cast Snookie as the barracks *****. Or make it like Teen Mom but call it 'Academy Mom'.

Or we could have a gay Captain and when he gets a hail the calling Captain tells him he is the Captain of such and such ship, he could do a finger snap head roll and say "Oh yes you are and I'd like you to command me Captain".

Okay, okay I'll be serious now. I have been honestly thinking that we have seen Starfleet and thier side of the coin. Why not make a show about the Empire? Kilingons have been a mainstay in ST since before most of you were born. I feel they deserve a fair shake.

Make the show begin in the 25th century where the treaty has fallen apart and we are at war once again. We could follow a young warrior say two episodes of character development on him. He goes to the Klingon Academy. His mother, first officer, on a Klingon cruiser was assimelated by the Borg and the Federation Starship that was supposed to help her...needs of the many, you get the point, when he was the equivelent of 11 Earth years old. So, the hatred has been swelling for ten years in his heart.

Not all Kilingons are warriors so this show would cover a very broad spectrum of thier lives. I'd really love to see it in the visual artistic fashion (film effects, lighting ect...) of the movie '300' and the Stars TV show 'Sparticus' and just as adult like (Hell all us old Trekkies are pushing 40 anyway).

Just call the show 'Empire' and give it a new subtitle every season. So Season one would be called for example 'Empire:Warrior Heart' then 'Vengence' so on and so forth.

You can even run two shows side by side that compliment and entwine with eachother. You see both sides of the story. The other show could be called 'Federation - Damage Control. Or something to that effect. Maybe with the talented people we have here we could write a pilot episode, storyboarding, writing ect...What do you all think?'
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-27-2012, 04:46 AM
Rather have the new series take right after nemesis. Have a new crew ya but they can also have old TNG/DS9/VOY crew make speical guest apperances and find a way to bring the Ent crew back as a flashback or in a holodeck simliulation.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Ent crew back as a flashback or in a holodeck simliulation.
Flashback or time travel I'd say, even just to retcon that disaster of a finale, not like the way TGTMD does just to completely contradict it as if it never happened

The alternate reality and the destruction of Romulus nonsense really needs to be kept out of the way, in my humble opinion. I don't know why people solely blame JJ for it, I mean those awful writers probably deserve more.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-27-2012, 09:35 AM
actually they tried to make a series based on something with the Romulans but it was turned down by cbs
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-27-2012, 09:39 AM
A new Trek series would do well to take a leaf out of Warehouse 13's book.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuriciodide
It would be tough because of budgetary contraints, but it could be done.

However, J J Abrams shouldn't be allowed anywhere near it.

Good writing can make a series fly even with a small budget.
Abrams is the Michael Bay of Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-28-2012, 08:32 AM
To we honest we don't NEED a new series for some time. And it's official that until all movies are done with there will be no more TV shows. I like to bring up the gap between TOS and TNG...a nice, long time, a long time to really think about a story.

We should never rush Star Treck, we need to let her roll out at her own pace. The fans that "NEED IT NOW b/C I GOT WITHDRAWL!!!!!" will mess up the franchise more than anything if we follow the "NEED NOW" route.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-28-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAJ_2011
Rather have the new series take right after nemesis. Have a new crew ya but they can also have old TNG/DS9/VOY crew make speical guest apperances and find a way to bring the Ent crew back as a flashback or in a holodeck simliulation.
Also forgot to mention that the new crew should have more aliens as well. I agree that once the mvoies are done then they should do the new series. But then again the movies is set in alternate reality and its done by JJ so lets have a new series now and have it set in the primeverse. I suggested a while back they should stick with doing a series but when they want something major they should make that in to a movie.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Hey I found these on the net!

http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/4/20...ext-movie.html

http://www.csmonitor.com/The-Culture...as-a-TV-series

http://sciencefiction.com/2012/04/20...to-j-j-abrams/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kris-l...b_1435318.html

but I hope it will be in the primeverse. What I want to see is in my preivous post above. And I thought the tv rights for a new series belongs to CBS not J.J Abrams, is the articles wrong?