Lt. Commander
I would like to start by saying sorry if this is explained in detail somewhere else.
I tried doing a search "how join team PvE que"
Anywho.
What i'm trying to do is, once i'm in a team, to start a private game, lets say the "Shuttle Vault Event", with the people on my team, and anyone else from the queue, unless the team is already full.
As stated in Release Notes July 28th, 2011
"•Players can now join as a team to PvE queue instances."
How do I do that?
Does it only work if the entire team waits in line for the next available instance, instead of creating their own?

Thank you in advance.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANielsen
I would like to start by saying sorry if this is explained in detail somewhere else.
I tried doing a search "how join team PvE que"
Anywho.
What i'm trying to do is, once i'm in a team, to start a private game, lets say the "Shuttle Vault Event", with the people on my team, and anyone else from the queue, unless the team is already full.
As stated in Release Notes July 28th, 2011
"•Players can now join as a team to PvE queue instances."
How do I do that?
Does it only work if the entire team waits in line for the next available instance, instead of creating their own?

Thank you in advance.
To team up hit "O" in game to bring up the Social window and go to the teams section. If you have friends you want to team with go to your friends list and invite them to team. If you are teamed I believe only one of you actually needs to wait at the entrance to a timed event until the next available queue. Once you go in they should be able to join you. However the time is usually short enough on most events that you might wanna just all hang out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Just invite everyone you want into your team, and when any of you open the PvE queue list, there will be a new button at the bottom, "Queue as Team", that anyone in your team can press. If your team is not full, it will take everyone you already have, and fill in the rest of the slots with people from the queue.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Ok, that helps a great deal, but as i've noticed with the Shuttle Vault event, it's usually faster to create your own game, as filling your own game with players take seconds, and waiting in line takes several minutes.
That might not sound as much, but since you only get one hour a day, every second counts.
So is it possible to create you own private game that is populated with your team first and then anyone else that might be interested (those waiting in the queue)?

Again thanks for your time and expertise!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANielsen
Ok, that helps a great deal, but as i've noticed with the Shuttle Vault event, it's usually faster to create your own game, as filling your own game with players take seconds, and waiting in line takes several minutes.
That might not sound as much, but since you only get one hour a day, every second counts.
So is it possible to create you own private game that is populated with your team first and then anyone else that might be interested (those waiting in the queue)?

Again thanks for your time and expertise!
1)team up.

2) open the pve que window by pressing the button under the minimap.

3) Along the top are 3 tabs: quick play, join existing, and create private. Select 'create private'.

4) Find the event that you want. In this case, the vault shuttle event will be at the bottom of the list. Select it, and hit 'Create lobby'

5) Give your group a name (i think minimum is 3 letters). Password is optional, but I suggest you use one. If there is no password, anyone who looks in the 'join existing' tab will be able to join your group.

6) right click on each of your team members, and select 'Invite to challenge group'. Once everyone has joined, click 'Start' and off you go.

Note: you can invite anyone to the group, even if they are not teamed with you. If they send you a /tell, just right-click on their name in the chat window, and invite them the same way. This way, you can invite KDF players as well. Cross-teaming is allowed for this event like the STFs.