Lt. Commander
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Friday, April 27th from 0000 to 0200 Pacific Time (0700 to 0900 UTC) for maintenance. Please check the forums for more information.
Lt. Commander
# 2 More? You want MORE?
04-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Clicked on the "Read More" link.

Reading the exact thing, verbatim, is not "more".

Please provide "more" information.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Probably some bug fixes. There's also the junior officer weekend event.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-26-2012, 11:06 PM
I understand the idea that putting up new content for the weekend is a hook... but this also risks server stability just before every weekend when your service is more utilized than ever. Having been operationally responsible for many large customer facing services, I've never heard of anyone scheduling maintenance just *before* their busiest days/hours as the normal mode of operation.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Was there not a patch on Thursday morning?
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-26-2012, 11:47 PM
It's to fix the Gold boxes being unbound again.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2CrypticOps
We will be bringing down Star Trek Online on Friday, April 27th from 0000 to 0200 Pacific Time (0700 to 0900 UTC) for maintenance. Please check the forums for more information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspider View Post
Clicked on the "Read More" link.
Reading the exact thing, verbatim, is not "more".

Please provide "more" information.
Didn't we just do this yesterday?

I suppose we won't see release notes until after the downtime? Again.

I suggest renaming it "Groundhog Day Online".
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapey
It's to fix the Gold boxes being unbound again.
Would be nice but I highly doubt it...
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2012, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masadaco
I understand the idea that putting up new content for the weekend is a hook... but this also risks server stability just before every weekend when your service is more utilized than ever. Having been operationally responsible for many large customer facing services, I've never heard of anyone scheduling maintenance just *before* their busiest days/hours as the normal mode of operation.
Actually since they have identified the memory leak problem as the main culprit that causes crashes it seems prudent to reset the system right before the weekend rush starts to reduce the chances of said memory leak eating up enough resources to cause a crash during the busiest time.

To my knowledge they have not found the cause of the memory leak and are instead scheduling maintainence to clear the buildup before it causes the unexpected, but expected crash.
Lt. Commander
# 10 ... hmmmm....
04-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
Actually since they have identified the memory leak problem as the main culprit that causes crashes it seems prudent to reset the system right before the weekend rush starts to reduce the chances of said memory leak eating up enough resources to cause a crash during the busiest time.

To my knowledge they have not found the cause of the memory leak and are instead scheduling maintainence to clear the buildup before it causes the unexpected, but expected crash.
seems like a reasonable temporary ( oh ye gods i hope and prey) measure to take
Closed Thread