Lt. Commander
# 1 Diplomacy XP
04-26-2012, 11:56 PM
Anyone know a good way to rack up lots of Diplomacy XP?

I can never find Diplomacy DOFF missions anymore, and ever since Season 5 began and the Diplomacy system got an overhaul, it now takes thousands of points to go from 1 Diplomacy level to the next, but Diplomacy missions like "Aid the Planet" still only give me the usual 10 XP.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2012, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DialgaChampion View Post
Anyone know a good way to rack up lots of Diplomacy XP?

I can never find Diplomacy DOFF missions anymore, and ever since Season 5 began and the Diplomacy system got an overhaul, it now takes thousands of points to go from 1 Diplomacy level to the next, but Diplomacy missions like "Aid the Planet" still only give me the usual 10 XP.
check the console in your ready room for diplomatic. I think they moved the Diplomatic missions there too or maybe you still have to talk to the ambassador dude in Admiral Quinn's office.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2012, 12:05 AM
I wish I knew. Also if you noticed the missions given by the Junhingo fella or whatever his name is do not do anything. You get the mission and it automatically resolves giving you nothing for points. Hopefully Diplomacy Points will be an issue they address soon. Maybe they just want us all to spend 32k in dilithium to get more transwarp destinations. I wouldn't put it past them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2012, 12:13 AM
They moved a chunk of them to your ready room.

A few will be in the "Department heads" tab issued by your First Officer.

Others will show up regularly in sector space as they used to.

I feel your pain, I'm 20k away from level 4 and at my current rate I'll need to do about 2870 more missions to make that.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2012, 12:14 AM
Not sure where you're looking, but I get them all the time. Some nice CXP when they crit.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2012, 12:15 AM
There's tons of diplomacy DOFF assignments, just travel around sectors a bit and don't forget to check your shipboard diplomacy contact and what your first officer can offer under "department heads".

It takes a while, but it's certainly doable and doesn't even feel overly grindy.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
There's tons of diplomacy DOFF assignments, just travel around sectors a bit and don't forget to check your shipboard diplomacy contact and what your first officer can offer under "department heads".

It takes a while, but it's certainly doable and doesn't even feel overly grindy.
I like to have around 10 slots empty then do the tour, pick up the high xp to lowest time and move to the next sector. If you run out of viable doff's switch to samples or another specialization.
TBH I find the Diplomacy one of the easy ones to gain XP.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2012, 12:29 AM
You will see more diplomatic missions when you do some of the chains. Consular Authority Is a good way to open up some opportunities.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2012, 12:37 AM
The diplomacy doff assignments seem to appear a lot more frequently in the Cardassian and Defera sectors.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-28-2012, 03:29 AM
Yeah, I did some snooping around and had forgotten about the ready room terminal Also I tend to forget to check for dip assignments while I am in different sectors. It is really easy to hit tier 1 in Diplomacy, once it jumps to #2 the point requirements gets exponentially higher. It seems easier to make Vice Admiral than to make Ambassador. I appreciate everyone who gave us the subtle reminders of where to check.

Tu'Rak