Lt. Commander
# 11
04-28-2012, 05:54 AM
That's because it IS easier to hit Vice Admiral. MUCH easier.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePhant
It is really easy to hit tier 1 in Diplomacy, once it jumps to #2 the point requirements gets exponentially higher.
Ha! - Just wait until you try to go from Rank 3 to Rank 4.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-29-2012, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_BOB_cnc View Post
That's because it IS easier to hit Vice Admiral. MUCH easier.
I am well aware of that, but thanks for your comment. Also, to the wait till you hit rank 3 or 4 poster, I am there with a few other toons, just used going to rank 2 as the first unreasonable jump in points.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
PS USS Krieger, I do like your forum sig by the way Best diplomacy you can get!
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-29-2012, 07:24 PM
I've been doing diplomatic doff missions this weekend and you have to hunt for big XP missions out in Sector Space.

The ones that gave me big XP are entitled "Investigate reports of smuggling" (900+ XP with weekend CP bonus, more than 2k with critical success). Audit Diplomatic Correspondences also give 400+ XP also with this week's CP bonus included.

I got these missions from Beta Ursae and Regulus sector blocks. I did not venture out any further as I was doing STFs for most of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I've been doing diplomatic doff missions this weekend and you have to hunt for big XP missions out in Sector Space.

The ones that gave me big XP are entitled "Investigate reports of smuggling" (900+ XP with weekend CP bonus, more than 2k with critical success). Audit Diplomatic Correspondences also give 400+ XP also with this week's CP bonus included.

I got these missions from Beta Ursae and Regulus sector blocks. I did not venture out any further as I was doing STFs for most of the time.
Thanks for the input Carmenara. I didn't go to Regulas, but did visit Ursae and Defari-ville I was pleased with the points for doff assignments this weekend. All 5 of my characters made rank in several different disciplines. 2 in Diplomacy, so it was good indeed. Thanks again.

Tu'Rak
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-30-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm about 8K short of ambassador, does anyone know what other benefits is there besides what's in the Rank 4 description?
As far as i know "Envoy" only let's you get doff missions in Omega Leonis block and data sample collection. Haven't seen any other use.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-30-2012, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by goltzhar
I'm about 8K short of ambassador, does anyone know what other benefits is there besides what's in the Rank 4 description?
As far as i know "Envoy" only let's you get doff missions in Omega Leonis block and data sample collection. Haven't seen any other use.
You get your very own Orion slave girl (you receive an enemy faction bridge officer).
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-30-2012, 03:00 PM
And a Uniform unlock.

KDF have much worst as the only thing they dont get a unique uniform unlock at T4 Marauding, the saving grace is KDF gets so much stuff in Marauding you are never grinding for the Ranks, just the stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LePhant
I wish I knew. Also if you noticed the missions given by the Junhingo fella or whatever his name is do not do anything. You get the mission and it automatically resolves giving you nothing for points. Hopefully Diplomacy Points will be an issue they address soon. Maybe they just want us all to spend 32k in dilithium to get more transwarp destinations. I wouldn't put it past them.
Somewhere in the text, he'll list a specific Exploration cluster or nebula (he seems to adore Delta V for me). Go in there within an hour or so, there should be a "Diplomatic Mission" button that pops up. Functions as a standard system exploration, though it seems biased at lower ranks towards Aid the Planet. It gives you the usual reward for exploring a system, as well as a rollicking 10DXP! (I know, right?)

I usually will pop him and if he wants me somewhere that I'm headed, great! If not...uh, I'm sorry, sir, ther[crackle] lot of subsp[crackle] interf[crackle]...[signal lost]