Lt. Commander
# 1 Tired off the story
04-27-2012, 01:22 AM
Now I played my alt to luitenant 8 grade to start the DOFF.
But also I wonder and it gave me some idea's for STO !!!

They promissed once to start a alt from captain maybe it is't posible for Federation ?
But I wish they have because it's very dull playing all those missions over and over again.
Is't there a way except for skill boost that is to send your fed to the acedemy let them do some missions so you can go from Luitenant to LTC from there directly to Comander and from there to Captain ??
Because folowing everytime the whole story line is too long and unnessarry I think.

Also for LTS or Gold members it would be nice to get as a Vice Admiral 1 Retro Ship.
I'm not a ferengi but I think it would be a good stimulance to STO for more F2P people to buy gold or an LTS membership.

O and last but not least when is the new crafting system ready because as an luitenant no one is making stuff for those guys and if they do they ask outrages prices like 1.000.000 and above !!!
WHy I even bother asking because I know there to bussy with season 6 content.

Greets
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2012, 01:41 AM
I never heard anything about starting a player at captain. There was some talk, long ago, about a first officer system that may be playable. But that seems to have died.

Other than skill boosts there is no way to power level alts. You don't have to do the story missions, you could just do explore missions, or DOFF missions. But, that would probably take much longer.

About a month and a half ago Borticus was on STOked discussing the crafting system. If I recall correctly, at that time it was a project pending approval. So, by now it's probably under development. As to when we get to see it? Nobody has said. I wouldn't count on it for season 6 though. I would look for it late summer at the earliest.

Gold members will not get VA ships. All of those ships are C-Store ships. With free to play you either pay for it in the C-Store or grind dilithium. The devs made it very clear when they introduced diliithium that it would be that way. It's not going to change. With free to play a very large portion of their revenue comes from people buying Cryptic points. In fact, micro transactions probably make more money for them than subscriptions.

Lt gear is remarkably easy to craft and get in drops. You shouldn't be going to the exchange to get it. You may need spend a day or two in the explore sectors, but getting the materials is easy.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post

Gold members will not get VA ships. All of those ships are C-Store ships. With free to play you either pay for it in the C-Store or grind dilithium. The devs made it very clear when they introduced diliithium that it would be that way. It's not going to change. With free to play a very large portion of their revenue comes from people buying Cryptic points. In fact, micro transactions probably make more money for them than subscriptions.
Not every Gold member gets a VA ship. However a free VA ship comes with the 600 day verteran reward. This is a replacement rewards for the 300 emblems they got before the new F2P economy went live.

http://startrekonline.com/veteran_rewards
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2012, 01:55 AM
You are right here sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringram View Post
I never heard anything about starting a player at captain. There was some talk, long ago, about a first officer system that may be playable. But that seems to have died.

Yes it was the first officer system, wonder why they let it die ?

Other than skill boosts there is no way to power level alts. You don't have to do the story missions, you could just do explore missions, or DOFF missions. But, that would probably take much longer.

No but they system im pointing out should be easy to make for cryptic devs !!

About a month and a half ago Borticus was on STOked discussing the crafting system. If I recall correctly, at that time it was a project pending approval. So, by now it's probably under development. As to when we get to see it? Nobody has said. I wouldn't count on it for season 6 though. I would look for it late summer at the earliest.

Yes I remember

Must be something to prize gold members or LTS people ?

Lt gear is remarkably easy to craft and get in drops. You shouldn't be going to the exchange to get it. You may need spend a day or two in the explore sectors, but getting the materials is easy.

Maybe it's to easy that why people ask to much in exchange !! Exchange is allready strange they lock the gold boxes down so people can't make EC out off it but there still gold lock boxes in the exchange so much for bound also why they would do that I don't know.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2012, 02:01 AM
Yes indeed sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Praetori View Post
Not every Gold member gets a VA ship. However a free VA ship comes with the 600 day verteran reward. This is a replacement rewards for the 300 emblems they got before the new F2P economy went live.

Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2012, 04:05 AM
Your best guess is levelling via the DOFF system. That's not necessarily fast, but you can just log into that character occassionaly to launch new DOFF misisons and otherwise play a character already done with the story. And of course ,you can mix&match.

I believe it was my third character where I decided to ignore all story missions and only levelled on a diet of Exploration missions*, DSEs and PvP (very little back then).

*) ignoring most Ground missions
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2012, 06:35 AM
The first officer system was mentioned in a podcast a few weeks ago, I can't remember if it was Priority 1 or STOked. I got the impression that it was still under development, and that they'd have no objections to people using their Diplomacy/Marauding BOFFs as First Officers then playable captains. They cited Worf as an example.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2012, 09:12 AM
Yeah I agree completely, now that i have a VA of each class and a klink LG most of my alts languish unused after about LC 2 I just get tired of rerunning the same missions again and again and again.

My idea would be let us pick and choose the sory missions we want to use. Most missions no level to whatever level you are (if not all) There are plenty of missions that are fun to do over and over but you have to do al lthe prerequisite missions before you can get to them.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
The first officer system was mentioned in a podcast a few weeks ago, I can't remember if it was Priority 1 or STOked. I got the impression that it was still under development, and that they'd have no objections to people using their Diplomacy/Marauding BOFFs as First Officers then playable captains. They cited Worf as an example.
Yeah, basically, it sounds like the big concern is that CBS wants certain races unavailable.

There may be internal Cryptic concerns with some like the Amazon Borg or the Recruit-A-Friend Photonic Officer but I think the biggest issue with those (aside from lifer exclusivity for the Borg) might have been their reclaimable status and now people who buy them now get non-reclaimable versions.

But it sounded as though CBS would be fine with exotic species provided they require some work and aren't ones that were meant to be unique on the shows.

Part of Data's concept is how unique he is so CBS seems to want androids limited. There is no established character who would really be made less special by allowing a Gorn Starfleet Captain or Ferengi Klingon Captain. It may be exotic and new but CBS doesn't seem to be as concerned with the franchise getting stretched out in new directions so much as they have certain things from the shows they want to keep special.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-27-2012, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Praetori View Post

forgot about that.