Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
It really hacks me off when players complain about "Noobs" or who they think are "Noobs" when doing elite missions.
Elite missions are completely different to the normal mode,and for a "noob" to be able to learn elite,he/she has to experience it,as a form of training. Learning it in normal mode does not work.
Those of you who complain,and you know who you are,were once "Noobs" yourself.
I would say this to you,IF YOU DON'T WANT "NOOBS" ON THE TEAM,THEN ARRANGE YOUR OWN PRIVATE TEAM FOR AN ELITE MISSION.
Realistically speaking, you CAN NOT expect to win every elite mission everytime.
COMPLAINERS, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.IF YOU DON'T WANT NOOBS IN A TEAM,JOIN A PRIVATE TEAM INSTEAD.
I am sick of the moaning of players who complain.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2012, 09:53 AM
Or you can google a walkthrough, and denoobify yourself before entering. Yes, it works on elites. No, you don't have to do it to learn it. It's a game, not rocket science.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2012, 09:59 AM
Knowing how to do an elite mission and actually doing it are 2 different things.
Yes i agree its good to get some info on a walkthrough,but actually doing it is different.
Practical experience is a good thing in addition to learning it through knowledge.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2012, 10:00 AM
It's funny because if you put forth a little minimal effort to learn from experienced players either ingame or by reading the readily available walkthroughs here on the forums, you pretty much can win every elite mission every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565
Indeed!
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565
It really hacks me off when players complain about "Noobs" or who they think are "Noobs" when doing elite missions.
Elite missions are completely different to the normal mode,and for a "noob" to be able to learn elite,he/she has to experience it,as a form of training. Learning it in normal mode does not work.
Those of you who complain,and you know who you are,were once "Noobs" yourself.
I would say this to you,IF YOU DON'T WANT "NOOBS" ON THE TEAM,THEN ARRANGE YOUR OWN PRIVATE TEAM FOR AN ELITE MISSION.
Realistically speaking, you CAN NOT expect to win every elite mission everytime.
COMPLAINERS, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.IF YOU DON'T WANT NOOBS IN A TEAM,JOIN A PRIVATE TEAM INSTEAD.
The missions and objectives remain the same in elite, but the difficulty increases. Personally, not wanting to be the one responsible for the team's failure, I take the following steps before I consider queuing for an elite queue:

- I research the STF I'm about to do via walk-throughs posted on the web, as well as YouTube videos of the mission and strategies that have been successful

- I play the mission on normal mode until I'm comfortable with the objectives and know the tricks of the mission

- I'm stocked up on consumables and have the right kits and/or gear that are likely to make me successful at the run

- For the first few elite runs, I tell everyone in team chat that it's my first time on elite. Players have most always been accommodating and helpful, when they know up front that I'll need a little bit of guidance. I don't expect them to teach me from the ground up, because I know the basics from having run the mission repeatedly on normal.

- I listen to direction given to me by my teammates. I don't take offense to being given hints on what to do, and I don't close my team chat.

While I'd say that I'm a veteran of most STFs, I had only run The Cure ground a few times in the past. The above steps helped me be successful on elite with my PUG, despite being new to elite mode.

The one thing I truly dislike, is people closing their chat or otherwise ignoring the rest of the team, when they're trying to communicate. Like any team effort, communication is key to success, and ignoring the chat (while I can understand people's reasoning for doing so) is really counter productive.

Good luck out there!
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2012, 10:11 AM
ah good old elitests noobs

as said by other people you could also join a fleet... or even ask for help from someone... or even if your joining a pug stf ask what the plan is at the start

but people calling other people noobs in a chat box makes them noobs aswell. thats how block lists start

even if you know the plan sometimes it doesnt go to plan then you have a choice call others noobs and warp out or go afk like a noob or get on with the job at hand

mestakes happen

dont take it to heart everyone has been called a noob at one point when learning stf's if they say they havent then thats a lie
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2012, 10:14 AM
@chaz200565

This topic is a dead horse...

I think we all agree that people need to run the normals before jumping into the elites.
I think we all agree that you have to some understanding of how to accomplish the objectives.
I think we all agree that you don't want to be the reason the team missed the optional objective or failed the mission.
I think we all agree that you need to have chat open and listen to instructions and/or calls for help (ie. persond defending Kang is being over run... you need to watch for their call for help or at least have the situational awareness to know you need to help)

Any one that doesn't agree to the above doesn't belong in Elite STF's and will be known henceforth as a "noob"

Elite STF's are by their nature "elite" and will attract elitists.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Elite should be SOLO
if you are truely elite you don't need a team
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2012, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Elite should be SOLO
if you are truely elite you don't need a team
Request for Feature :
a difficulty setting above Elite. Lets call it Bad ***. STF's must be done solo in a small craft. after completing 3 STF's in 'bad ***" mode you get an accolade and title "Bad ***".
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Make em all available as solo missions
Kill the timers
and get rid of the whole problem