Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
05-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565
It really hacks me off when players complain about "Noobs" or who they think are "Noobs" when doing elite missions.
Elite missions are completely different to the normal mode,and for a "noob" to be able to learn elite,he/she has to experience it,as a form of training. Learning it in normal mode does not work.
Those of you who complain,and you know who you are,were once "Noobs" yourself.
I would say this to you,IF YOU DON'T WANT "NOOBS" ON THE TEAM,THEN ARRANGE YOUR OWN PRIVATE TEAM FOR AN ELITE MISSION.
Realistically speaking, you CAN NOT expect to win every elite mission everytime.
COMPLAINERS, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.IF YOU DON'T WANT NOOBS IN A TEAM,JOIN A PRIVATE TEAM INSTEAD.
I am sick of the moaning of players who complain.
The problem is players come into elite missions and do things that no player with even moderate levels of competence would do had they been through the regular (non-elite) version even once before. They don't listen to team chat, they don't heal themselves, they don't remodulate, and they are completely ignorant of the objectives and usually bork them up, they fly rainbow boats, they dry hump the portals and die repeatedly, and so on and so forth.

Bottom line is, there's really no excuse for the abundance of fail that is present in 9 out of 10 STF pugs; elite or otherwise. If the only thing these kinds of people are labeled as are noobs, they should feel thankful--as for me, I tend to use a bit more description in labeling these kinds of players.

The fact of the matter is, the PvE content in this MMO is easily among the most accessible, simple, and easy relative to PvE content in other MMOs. The AI, scripting, general mechanics, and objectives are not very complex and they don't take much capacity to fully grasp and comprehend. How anyone, let alone so seemingly many, continue to have difficulties wrapping their heads around these very basic things is really beyond me. The PvE content in this game does not take a premade to successfully complete by a longshot.

If you're sick of people complaining, then stop sucking. It's really not that hard.
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-29-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feistyfawn View Post
In my case I don't like this kind of people who call anyone noobs. I don't play ground STF. I feel boring with this. But I play space elite STF. And there is still people to call me noobs. I ran almost 400 STF as federation captain and more than 75 STF as klingon captain. I know what people have to do and what I have to do and what I have to expect. But because most of time I'm the only one who answers in the chat. Frustrated players express their own frustration in calling me noobs. In result I have a long blacklist of rubbish players. People who say noobs to another player. This one is pure noobs who is not able to adapt (no brain ability) the situation with new player.
Well if you did that much STFs and know what to do,then you are not NOOB.
And those who tell you that you are noob just because they are frustrated,and you were only one to talk in chat, and you didn't do anything wrong, are idiots.

Just ignore them.
Lt. Commander
# 33
05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565
It really hacks me off when players complain about "Noobs" or who they think are "Noobs" when doing elite missions.
Elite missions are completely different to the normal mode,and for a "noob" to be able to learn elite,he/she has to experience it,as a form of training. Learning it in normal mode does not work.
Those of you who complain,and you know who you are,were once "Noobs" yourself.
I would say this to you,IF YOU DON'T WANT "NOOBS" ON THE TEAM,THEN ARRANGE YOUR OWN PRIVATE TEAM FOR AN ELITE MISSION.
Realistically speaking, you CAN NOT expect to win every elite mission everytime.
COMPLAINERS, WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.IF YOU DON'T WANT NOOBS IN A TEAM,JOIN A PRIVATE TEAM INSTEAD.
I am sick of the moaning of players who complain.
People do PRIVATE queves,but they also do PUG queves with their fleet.
There are fleets(like mine too) who do pugs sometimes.
Us 4 with one random player,but the problem is that those random players when you ask them do they know how to do that or what to do,their answer will be "..........." (TEAM CHAT OFF).Then they act like they are Rambo or John Wayne " I will kill them all myself,dont need team"(thats their thinking).
And of course that me and other 3 fleet members will be ****ed on that guy..CAUSE HE DOESN'T USE TEAM CHAT,don't answer the question.

IF that kind of players would be more TEAM oriented and talk in team chat,ask the questions,then there wouldn't be raging and words NOOBS in team chat.

ITs all some kind of CHAIN; NOOBS(don't listen or answer)-ELITISTS(rage on NOOBS)=MISSION FAILURE
Lt. Commander
# 34
05-29-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemotherapy
The problem is players come into elite missions and do things that no player with even moderate levels of competence would do had they been through the regular (non-elite) version even once before. They don't listen to team chat, they don't heal themselves, they don't remodulate, and they are completely ignorant of the objectives and usually bork them up, they fly rainbow boats, they dry hump the portals and die repeatedly, and so on and so forth.

Bottom line is, there's really no excuse for the abundance of fail that is present in 9 out of 10 STF pugs; elite or otherwise. If the only thing these kinds of people are labeled as are noobs, they should feel thankful--as for me, I tend to use a bit more description in labeling these kinds of players.

The fact of the matter is, the PvE content in this MMO is easily among the most accessible, simple, and easy relative to PvE content in other MMOs. The AI, scripting, general mechanics, and objectives are not very complex and they don't take much capacity to fully grasp and comprehend. How anyone, let alone so seemingly many, continue to have difficulties wrapping their heads around these very basic things is really beyond me. The PvE content in this game does not take a premade to successfully complete by a longshot.

If you're sick of people complaining, then stop sucking. It's really not that hard.

The above post is correct and valid.
Lt. Commander
# 35
05-30-2012, 12:56 AM
From my experience, the persons calling other players "noobs" contribute nothing to team performance or organization.

One of them even had the cheek to spout insults at a rather hard working and experienced team while using the Sit emote in the middle of an Elite Cure Ground map while the rest of the team achieved the Optional without him.

When this "experienced" player bailed, we killed Armek with the first try with 3 good teammates and 1 newer player (whom we tutored as we went along).

It's the same with Infected Ground - "noob" caller picks on members of a rather experienced team of PUGs, said "veteran" cocks up the map by demanding the team follow his (lousy) tactics, and we won it with 3 active players and 1 cadet thanks to strategic use of turrets and mortars. Said "real newbie" produced zero DPS and despite our best attempts to trade him usable equipment we let him sit aside and watch as we killed Rebecca with a team of 3.

Added the new player to my friend's list and gave interface / equipment / tactical tips later.

In space, there are some who use swear words and yes, call everyone noobs. These people deliberately sabotage 10% rules on ISE and sometimes can be seen typing insults whist staying at least 11km from the enemy. While all of us are tanking tactical cubes and sphere swarms, the "noob caller" once again starts talking trash.

I like the ones that sabotage the 10% rule then spout insults. They usually STFU when I personally handle the nanite swarm and save the optional with the most useless T5 c-store ship in the whole of STO.

To me there are no newbies, if I see people disoriented, ill equipped or having trouble with self/ship survivability I will offer to teach them myself. STO's interface is not perfect and it can be confusing at times.

We were all "noobs" once. Talking them down does no one any favour, but showing them the ropes just as our lifetime and (real) Veteran players from major fleets had is something you can do to bring the world of Star Trek to life.

Because you know, Starfleet Academy exists for a reason. To train "newbies"
Lt. Commander
# 36
05-30-2012, 02:24 AM
OP, my friend... would you train to become a world-class boxer by challenging Tyson when you weigh 90lbs and you've never fought a match in your life? There are Normals, for God's sake.

The saddest part is that Elites aren't even remotely difficult (I'm positive you could do them in Tier <4 ships), just sort of tedious and precise in the steps you're supposed to take. Hell, if you just Google "Elite STF Infected" or whatever, you'll get a crystal clear guide that'll only take ~15 mins to watch, and that knowledge will get you through your first and every other STF after. It's just not that hard. If you can't put in a minimum of time or common sense, you don't have my sympathy, sorry, particularly since others get punished by your laziness.

EDIT: I should stress here that I don't lose my patience if you just use team chat to tell me "It's my first Elite" or something. What does wear me down and make me reconsider what the hell I'm doing with my time is when no one uses team chat or says anything at all, particularly that one pilot with an all-caps name who's single-handedly failing the mission for you.
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-30-2012, 02:27 AM
EDIT: Whoops
Lt. Commander
# 38
05-30-2012, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless
I should stress here that I don't lose my patience if you just use team chat to tell me "It's my first Elite" or something. What does wear me down and make me reconsider what the hell I'm doing with my time is when no one uses team chat or says anything at all, particularly that one pilot with an all-caps name who's single-handedly failing the mission for you.
Only one time I saw a player who said he's new. Someone tell him everything he had to do. We got optionnals.