Lt. Commander
# 1 Combat Supply... Useful?
04-27-2012, 09:41 AM
So I was considering getting the Breach Engineer Kit for my character, and I was wondering if the Combat supply skill is even useful at all? Does one literally have to go in, loot it then use them? Or do you activate the box to get the effects?

Activating the box to get the effects would be much preferable than the first (and most likely what actually happens) scenario. Most players always have at least 20 hypos and shield charges, so what would the point be of the skill at all?

I have yet to use it so if I'm incorrect, please let me know.
-Quiiliitiila
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiiliitiila
So I was considering getting the Breach Engineer Kit for my character, and I was wondering if the Combat supply skill is even useful at all? Does one literally have to go in, loot it then use them? Or do you activate the box to get the effects?

Activating the box to get the effects would be much preferable than the first (and most likely what actually happens) scenario. Most players always have at least 20 hypos and shield charges, so what would the point be of the skill at all?

-Quiiliitiila
I personally find it to be situationally useful. Also, Combat Supply hypos and charges don't cost money so I don't feel shy about using them. And if I use them all up I either run back to the supply crate or (assuming it's finished with it's CD) summon a new one.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2012, 09:48 AM
Quote:

-Quiiliitiila
They have to loot the box then use the items. Hypos are dirt cheap. Most people don't bother looting that box.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Yup everytime I see an engy drop one of those in STF's no one loots it as they already have 40+ of each consumable on them.

To be honest its a useless skill ...unless you a running with a very badly unequipped team...in which case consumables are the least of your worries.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2012, 10:56 AM
I find it more annoying than useful. The supplies don't stack with regular hypos etc, and the boxes are just one more annoying 'loot me!' popup.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2012, 11:10 AM
I find it useful in the old STFs, not so much now unless (like me) one just forget to get any Hypos before the mission started.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2012, 11:13 AM
It's great if you dont want to waste hypos, power cells or shield charges.
You dont have to keep the kit equiped if you dont like it.
Just equip, drop the box, pick up free consumables, then take your other kit.

Also half the people I meet in Ground PvP dont have any hypos.
Good to have there, because no hypos = easy kill.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2012, 01:12 PM
I use the breach engineer kit on my lone engie, and I never use the combat supply power. The other three powers on that kit are useful, but combat supply is pretty much a waste, for the reasons listed above.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2012, 02:37 PM
It USED to be useful before season 4. Back then, then hypos would just appear in your powertray when the engineer activated the power. But now you have to loot it, and equip it. Pretty useless when you already have hypos equipped.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:

-Quiiliitiila
I personally find it only marginally useful at best. The items you get from it don't stack with regular items, from what I recall. While it's good if you just plain run out, it's also not going to give you enough equipment to really save your butt unless you're fighting an enemy by the skin of your teeth.