Captain
I'm the King of the Castle and your the dirty rascle!!

There is already so much drama in fleets - imagine when Fleet starbases get going and the control/ego of the Fleet Adm goes through the roof!

Many people will be commiting a lot more time and resources to building the Fleet Adm his tree fort

There is going to be a lot more fighting and people being kicked from fleets - all the drama is goin to be epic

Add into that the clique of the top people taking all the good stuff from the bases - Boom!

Result will be a almost complete break down of the fleet system

Just watch - how do you feel giving all your stuff to be owned by the fleet adm - who can kick anyone - even the other Adm - if they complain too much
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
06-29-2012, 07:37 AM
I doubt it will be quite as dire as you're making it out to be. However, if relations between fleet members are already strained or weak, I can see unfair distribution of fleet goods as a tipping point for some.
Career Officer
# 3
06-29-2012, 07:38 AM
well this was a waste of thread, utter crap! starbases are another thread to STO's expanding bow. my only negative is that i think the state of STO now, is what it should have been from the start
Career Officer
# 4
06-29-2012, 07:39 AM
Sounds to me like you are affraid that your inter-fleet relations are not strong enough to survive the fleet-building race...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 5
06-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Since you can only take something when you have given something, the Fleet Admin has to spend resources to get stuff. He/She/It is no different in that regard than a regular member.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Career Officer
# 6
06-29-2012, 07:48 AM
OP, those are all issues you'll have to take up with your fleet leader.

If your fleet has so much drama already brewing that starbases seemingly equal 'the beginning of the end' for it then I'd have to say that the beginning has passed and it's already atleast the middle of the end.
Joined August 2008
Banned
# 7
06-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrgeom View Post
well this was a waste of thread, utter crap!
And you posted in it, which makes your post part of it.
Captain
# 8
06-29-2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
Since you can only take something when you have given something, the Fleet Admin has to spend resources to get stuff. He/She/It is no different in that regard than a regular member.
The Fleet Adm is different as he can take stuff from people and then kick them off the fleet - that is going to be more of a problem with the amount of things that a player would put into a starbase vs just regular fleet activites currently
Captain
# 9
06-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
OP, those are all issues you'll have to take up with your fleet leader.

If your fleet has so much drama already brewing that starbases seemingly equal 'the beginning of the end' for it then I'd have to say that the beginning has passed and it's already atleast the middle of the end.
I go solo as to avoid any drama - was a adm on a 100+ fleet and just a regular joe on a 500+ fleet

I just don't see things geting better with bases like everyone thinks - in fact I predict it will cause much more strife in the game

we shall see
Rihannsu
# 10
06-29-2012, 07:54 AM
if there is drama in a fleet then maybe some people are in the wrong fleet.

the main point of being in a fleet is to be around like minded people who you enjoy playing the game with. if a fleet leader is a total jerk then people will leave and find another fleet and they will then have no one to play with. there are thousands of fleets to choose from and most people will be decent and friendly.

there will without doubt be some drama, because not a day goes by on these forums or in chat without some drama but its hardly going to be the fall of the fleet system as we know it.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission