Lt. Commander
I don't know if anyone agrees, but my friends from steam have left and I feel less and less inclined to log in lately.

One of the big reasons is all the timed event stuff, either its not active when I have time to play, or the events that are running are the boring ones I have no interest in..

Is this getting on anyone else's nerves?

Why does this game have to have these silly gimmicks? Is this honestly the direction the game has to go?

I'd like to hear Dsthal chime in and explain the reasoning here, because it just doesn't make sense to intentionally skew metrics and then call the results successful, it will only provide a bunch of numbers that reflects an incorrect guage of player engagement and cause long term damage to the product's reputation.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2012, 06:03 PM
I have to agree. The reasons I got into playing the game was because I wanted to feel like I was "in" Star Trek to a certain degree. Get that feel of commanding a ship and living out some of those favorite missions/episodes. Now it's just getting to the point where everything new that comes out is moving further and further away from the series/movies. I mainly log on anymore to run DOFF missions and try to pick up accolades. About the only real reason to play anymore and that's not really saying a whole lot.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Not keen on the time events either. The shuttle mission always seems to be in the very early morning for me.... what is the point of having content and then setting such inane restrictions on access?

Even if it was just a temporary event (i.e. a weekend, or a week or so) it would be more accessible.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-27-2012, 06:24 PM
The fact that they have such a content STARVED game doesn't strike Cryptic as a good enough reason to stop funneling what little new content we get into a tiny allotment of time. It's idiotic.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Guys u can still miss an event but play the mission nonetheless....or am I wrong?

Why do you people have to be so stiff and then complain about yourself being so stiff?

Be flexible a bit play whatever u want to play however and whenever you want. There's nothing stopping you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
Guys u can still miss an event but play the mission nonetheless....or am I wrong?

Why do you people have to be so stiff and then complain about yourself being so stiff?

Be flexible a bit play whatever u want to play however and whenever you want. There's nothing stopping you.
When I only see an event scheduled at 4 or 5 am, I am not going to miss it sometimes. I am going to miss it every time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810

Are you playing the same game the rest of us are? Or do you not understand what we're talking about? Shuttle Event, Defera Event,...if it says "event" it's on a time slot ONLY option. Meaning it's only available at certain times. Hence the problem.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-27-2012, 07:23 PM
He may have been thinking of featured episodes?
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-27-2012, 07:32 PM
I have to agree most of the events are on when I am sleeping for work. Sux
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Instead of events that only last an hour or 2, they should have them last all day, or all weekend (for example). This 1 hour slot thing is garbage. Pure and simple.