Lt. Commander
# 11
04-28-2012, 01:36 AM
i can usually hit most events (unless its in the night) but that does not take away that fact that im having to play according to someone else's schedule.

ive missed the last 3 or 4 shuttle missions for one reason or another, sometimes just by 5 minutes and its annoying to have to keep waiting for it to turn up.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-28-2012, 02:27 AM
Nothing much to add, apart from agreeing that theses time slots have got to end.

I barely get time to do any events, and I would prefer to just log on and use that content when I desire it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-28-2012, 02:37 AM
i managed to catch the shuttle event 3 times, and thats only because i stayed up way to late to catch em, i payed for it the next day at work im not doing that anymore guess its only meant to be played once a month
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-28-2012, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceTank420
i managed to catch the shuttle event 3 times, and thats only because i stayed up way to late to catch em, i payed for it the next day at work im not doing that anymore guess its only meant to be played once a month
Or not at all.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-28-2012, 03:43 AM
they need to move that hourly "shuttle event" into PvE que list, that when anyone can play at anytime desired, not at fixed time when most players are sleeping or working.
i dont know if brian flakes are getting flakey, currently game hadnt been in right direction.

didnt like stacked death penality, it feel deprived and punishing, most other games dont have timed death waiting.

they didnt even bother to listen to suggestions to fix that Bajoran's Fire cavern, it still bugged since launched.

also i am tired of griefers preventing to get access some Mark XII prototype loots, never seen it drop. it is burning me up, and really tired of no elite prize grinds, it is no longer a personal's "Holy Grail" to upgrade.
also tired of bait and switch tactics.

there no lockboxes in any tv episodes, doesnt show anything to gamble except dabo games seen in DS9 series. i agreed, it seem the game is steering away from main theme into gimmick "buy me"
i just hope anyother game firm get liscense right to make a "Better" Star Trek rpg that was intended as "Fun Game".
now it seem too controlled and too much greed.
they cant even protect clients from hackers, and players are losing trust everyday.

i would play star trek "console" adventure/rpg similar to Elder Scrolls series, but it not exist yet, not a fan of mass effect series or old republic star wars that was years ago.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-28-2012, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adondria
Instead of events that only last an hour or 2, they should have them last all day, or all weekend (for example). This 1 hour slot thing is garbage. Pure and simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylonus
they need to move that hourly "shuttle event" into PvE que list, that when anyone can play at anytime desired, not at fixed time when most players are sleeping or working.
i dont know if brian flakes are getting flakey, currently game hadnt been in right direction.

didnt like stacked death penality, it feel deprived and punishing, most other games dont have timed death waiting.

they didnt even bother to listen to suggestions to fix that Bajoran's Fire cavern, it still bugged since launched.

also i am tired of griefers preventing to get access some Mark XII prototype loots, never seen it drop. it is burning me up, and really tired of no elite prize grinds, it is no longer a personal's "Holy Grail" to upgrade.
also tired of bait and switch tactics.

there no lockboxes in any tv episodes, doesnt show anything to gamble except dabo games seen in DS9 series. i agreed, it seem the game is steering away from main theme into gimmick "buy me"
i just hope anyother game firm get liscense right to make a "Better" Star Trek rpg that was intended as "Fun Game".
now it seem too controlled and too much greed.
they cant even protect clients from hackers, and players are losing trust everyday.

i would play star trek "console" adventure/rpg similar to Elder Scrolls series, but it not exist yet, not a fan of mass effect series or old republic star wars that was years ago.
We all do realize this is an intentional slow down of the game, yes? you see since they can not keep up with the demand of new storyline content, they create scenarios where that content is only playable for a short time, at allotted times through the day. This affords them complete control of that content.

We as a player base burn through new content at a breakneck speed. Cryptic was not prepared as a company for the demands of STO community placed on it. Just simply how it is.

As such, it is why on their forums the leaders of various fleets, and outspoken folks are basically being ignored, stated by many dev's, and they wonder why their community is a touch aggressive towards them.

Gee... wonder why.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-28-2012, 05:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoson View Post
We all do realize this is an intentional slow down of the game, yes? you see since they can not keep up with the demand of new storyline content, they create scenarios where that content is only playable for a short time, at allotted times through the day. This affords them complete control of that content.

We as a player base burn through new content at a breakneck speed. Cryptic was not prepared as a company for the demands of STO community placed on it. Just simply how it is.

As such, it is why on their forums the leaders of various fleets, and outspoken folks are basically being ignored, stated by many dev's, and they wonder why their community is a touch aggressive towards them.

Gee... wonder why.

This just seems like a poor business decision to me, but I can kind of see their perspective. I've been dealing with Cryptic's games for a long time, and this is nothing new with them. But, as a longtime player of COH and a friend of mine told be yesterday "what could they do? What could they tell you that would satisfy you? They can't change the model they're running because they either don't have the right people with the right skills, don't have the money or time, or have their hands tied on a lot of things by the holders of the IP. Nothing they could say to the playerbase would satisfy them, so it's wiser to just say nothing." Was pretty much the gist of it.

We had gotten on the subject as I ranted over how ridiculous the hoops you had to jump through were in order to make the Dread perform as advertised. It's kind of an issue to me, as they did not deliver to me the product I paid for, but then, that's a rant for another time. I do understand why the development team is being forced to lead the game into an immoral and ethically gray wasteland of manipulation and deceptive advertising practices, and I will never agree with it, but I am starting to understand why they are.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-28-2012, 09:27 AM
It is kind of weird. I don't understand why they did not just set it up as a new STF using the existing format.

I have played it twice. There have been many times I could have played it, but I am not into worrying about the time issue, so even when I am online during the event I just ignore it and pretend like it does not exist.

Honestly the last time I went through all the trouble to join a group I had travel to DS-9 to switch into my shuttle and it got nixed because it would not even launch from the private que. It was after that that I lost interest in even trying. I figured they might get arround to fixing it and opening it up 24/7 eventually and I would just wait it out.

Sadly the launch is still bugged and they new it was before releasing it and I think they limited our availability to the mission because of that reason. Not for the reasons being suggested.

In other words I am thinking the reasoning for the limited availability has to do with Cryptic not being able to iron out the bugs and they have to actually nurse the event with a live person to keep it working and they can't afford to have someone designated to keep it going smoothly 24/7 while trying to troublshoot it and fix it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Gimmicks are all Cryptic has left to offer.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera
Not keen on the time events either. The shuttle mission always seems to be in the very early morning for me.... what is the point of having content and then setting such inane restrictions on access?

Even if it was just a temporary event (i.e. a weekend, or a week or so) it would be more accessible.
Cryptic wants you to stay home from work so that you can do the vault.. If you get fired.. well... at least you have a silver account to keep you playing with all the spare time you have on your hands.. at least until you can't afford your internet connection anymore and your ISP shuts it off