Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Actually the boxes were given a gold and a silver graphic, the gold for the golds and the silver for the greens, just like with many of the other loot drop graphics being changed and converted.

either there is an issue with the wrong graphics being displayed or they are being misread on pickup. There was a much greater difference between them originally.

The screenshots I supplied have the same exact ambient lighting in the environments. There is NOTHING that would cause the difference in color. I specifically looked for another environment with the same exact lighting conditions for exactly that reason since I did not have another box drop that that mission.

Since the Ferengi lock Box event started it has only been those specific ones I mentioned that appeared gold all but 1 where in the same environmental lighting settings. I have also not had a single gold box on pickup since the event started and I play 12+ hours a day.

Addition: Also if I remember correctly the owner indication effect on the original boxes was green and purple indicating rarity, but was also replaced with the silver and gold combination.

And while I'm at it, this IS NOT a "conspiracy rant" and one individual put it. It is in fact an observation over a period of time, and with practical evidence clearly showing a difference in graphics between two boxes within the same environmental factors so that there is nothing indirectly or directly affecting the graphical depiction.

I am simply trying to bring to their attention an error of unknown origin. There are several possible causes. One of which could be an incorrect patch on my end when they started the event, a graphical to data mismatch either being the wrong graphic is being displayed or the wrong pick up data is being supplied on pickup.

I am not trying to get something for free or something out of this at all, just attempting to being this to their attention, and to the attention of any others that maybe having this happen.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-06-2012, 11:46 PM
The OP is 100% right on this i have not taken screenshots but i am having the same problem
and its not lighting the lockbox system is broken
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusDragoon View Post
The OP is 100% right on this i have not taken screenshots but i am having the same problem
and its not lighting the lockbox system is broken
Yup.. same here.. first the lobi fiasco and now this.. ~ it ain't fun!!!
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-07-2012, 09:07 AM
I've REALLY wanted to get into creating some foundry missions so I've been REALLY paying attention to everything graphical in game hoping it might give me some ideas or I might see something cool I would like to put in my foundry missions. Maybe that is why I picked up on this so easily, but I'm really glad to see others have noticed this as well.