Lt. Commander
# 1 Player ratings
04-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Ok so since their seems to be a lot of complaining about players "not playing the game right" I thought I would make a suggestion that would involve very little change to how the game plays but could potentially fix all the complaining.

Basically, as the name implies, I think that it should be possible to rate players you play with. If you think they are great you rate them up, and if you think they are .... not so great, then you can rate them down. Now before you wounder how this will help, a players rating will not only give you a heads up of what players might be like, it could also be incorporated into how players are matched for STFs, Fleet Actions, and maybe even PvP. Basically the system will match people based on their rating, players with better ratings will be grouped first with other players of high ratings, and players with lower ratings will be grouped with whoever is left.

Ratings will be mainly player based, as in its up to the community to rate who they play with. Quitting early will be the only time the game will alter a rating since people might not remember the name of whoever left so they might not be able to give a rating. Something I havnt decided on is how complex this idea should be. It could simply be a five star system were you rate them as good or bad. Or you can choose why you rated them how you did (disrespectful, good team work, etc...) and everyone will be able to see what people think of them.

So what do you guys think? Comments? suggestions?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-27-2012, 06:30 PM
No it will be abused.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-27-2012, 09:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
No it will be abused.
Yeah, that's how I'd see it playing out too, unfortunately.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-28-2012, 02:25 AM
Ah player A is a maco RATE DOWN
Player B is a Ferengi RATE DOWN
Player C maxed out the bust side slider RATE DOWN
Player D refused to gift you a D'Kora ship RATE DOWN

get it?
Lt. Commander
# 5 Yes
04-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by discovery7810
No it will be abused.
Yes he right just like the Foundry Feedback System were console missions get better ratings then people how worked weeks on a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2012, 03:38 AM
No thanks.

"not playing the game right" ??

People should should be able to play how ever they want.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-28-2012, 05:59 AM
Want to rate players? pay attention to the people you group with and remember them.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-28-2012, 06:05 AM
I rate you F because of this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-28-2012, 06:14 AM
I just see the moron who ruins the STFs for everyone, rating down everyone who rates them down.

This is the most likely Scenario.

Player A: Rated Down by Player B, Intentionally flew a Shuttle in Elite STF.
Player B: Rated Down by Player A, Can't handle my epic Shuttle build total noob expletive insult expletive expletive insult
Player C: Rated Down by Player E, Rolled Need on Random EDC's despite the Fact I said I need them at the start.
Player D: Rated Down by Player C, Flies an Oddyity* must be an idiot.
Player E: Rated Down by Player D, Wouldn't give me the Prototype Engine Tech he won despite having full MK XII, which is all I need to finish my build.

* Spelling intended, and yes I know Prototype Salvage is bound.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-28-2012, 08:44 AM
well, when you guys put it like that I can see how it can be abused. I dont suppose you guys have any ideas on how to prevent abusing it? And dont just say "dont use this system"