Lt. Commander
# 21
05-02-2012, 08:34 PM
this would not work at all or even close for any one whit more then one account can rate them self's my self has 5
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-03-2012, 03:39 AM
I would like to see a rating system integrated into STF's like you have in PVP where it shows stats on the players, number of deaths, healing done, damage done (taking into account whether science, engineer or tactical to make it tally fair) whether the optional objective has been achieved and number of missions passed or failed. Then have the game calculate a number rating to score you that would be shown to other players or used to calculate best matches in STF's
Also to stop the skewering of ratings scores, the total would be divided by the amount of stf's played so the score would be comparably with someone who has played 20 games and 200 games.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan118 View Post
well, when you guys put it like that I can see how it can be abused. I dont suppose you guys have any ideas on how to prevent abusing it? And dont just say "dont use this system"
Any reporting system that is currently in STO is already abused "Report Spam" silences people who are not truly spam for 24 hours (There are some fleets out there, known to do this to others.) and you can also report foundry missions which can get them pulled down and which has happened to a friend of mine a few times.

It would be nice to have a rating system in STO, but having it based off users votes on other users would be abused and with all the raging that goes on in STO one user would be the highest rated user in STO one minute and the next just because this group over there doesn't like the current top dog they lower his rating.

If you truly want rating system in STO, which is needed badly, but highly doubt Cryptic will add a rating system any time soon. The rating system would need to be based realistically off accolade points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Google.com
Definition of accolade: An award or privilege granted as a special honor or as an acknowledgment of merit.
Yes there are a lot of easy accolade points out there to get, but there are some really hard ones to get as well, and those hard ones out there that would put people over the top.

I believe the Accolade system was originally put in place to be somewhat of a rating system, but they never continued work on the system.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-03-2012, 07:42 AM
yeah, team pretty much show ya the danger of this, no comment needed.

lets just not go there.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-03-2012, 07:53 AM
Good players already have private fleets/ channels to do what they want in the game already.
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-03-2012, 07:58 AM
i don't want to have to rate anyone and i think many would abuse it.

i have played with some great players that do very well, but i have probably played with more players that blame everything on the other guy. i don't want them rating me for sure.