Lt. Commander
So Cryptic changed my password. Then I reset it myself. Then they changed it AGAIN! And now I can't change it again. For a long time the Send Verification Email wouldn't work, but it finally did, only for me to discover that the Reset Password link in the email didn't work either! It just took me to the front page. Is this not a huge problem? Is this only happening to me? Why is Cryptic not doing something about this? Like I said, I haven't been able to login for almost a week. It seems like they should have made SOME progress to solving this issue in that amount of time; is that unreasonable?
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-28-2012, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derw
So Cryptic changed my password. Then I reset it myself. Then they changed it AGAIN! And now I can't change it again. For a long time the Send Verification Email wouldn't work, but it finally did, only for me to discover that the Reset Password link in the email didn't work either! It just took me to the front page. Is this not a huge problem? Is this only happening to me? Why is Cryptic not doing something about this? Like I said, I haven't been able to login for almost a week. It seems like they should have made SOME progress to solving this issue in that amount of time; is that unreasonable?
i was able to click the login link, then forgot password, and input email.
copied and pasted, entered new pw and got in....

seems ok by me.

they may have a maximum limit of times it can be changed within a certain time frame...dunno
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-28-2012, 07:13 AM
I had the same problem as the OP.

My reset password link was being delivered, but not the inbox. It was going to the spam folder.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-28-2012, 07:47 AM
are u guys talking about the game or this site?

cant login game but i am obviously able to get on this site
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-28-2012, 08:16 AM
the game. The site will leave you logged in if you selected remember me, even if the password was changed. but in order to change your password from the forgot password prompt you have to log out of the site.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-28-2012, 08:17 AM
log out of the website first otherwise it just takes you to the front page.