Lt. Commander
# 21
05-12-2012, 09:16 PM
How about we CHOOSE different UI colors? THAT WOULD MAKE MORE PEOPLE PLAY KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-13-2012, 01:41 AM
Whats wrong with red ? Red is much easier on the eyes than blue in the sense that it doesnt degrade your eyesight like blue does.

http://www.sciencentral.com/articles...e_id=218392616

That being said, more contrast would be welcome, and having yellow for enemy and orange for ally needs to change since the colors are to similar
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Just give us the ability to customize the UI on both sides. I agree the KDF side is too red. Personally I'd like my UI on both sides to be green.
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-21-2012, 04:38 AM
Oddly enough, the red on Starfleet Command's Klingon UI gives me more headaches/eyestrain than this one does. Not sure why (different shades? Better for my slight colorblindness contrasts? I don't need to stare at it as much in STO as SFC?)

Though I'm all for as much customization as humanly possible (and can be easily stuffed into the code), so

+1

Though honestly, if there's anything with the Klink colors I'd love to see changed is the color of the player/ship names, the current shade takes way too much getting used to for me...
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-21-2012, 07:52 AM
I started KDF a few weeks ago and i must say, its not very easy to see who is enemy and who is not. They both use those orange/red triangles around ships so i have to look really close (bad monitor as well) to see if someone is actually a threat
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-21-2012, 08:05 AM
You know what I love about this, "UI is too red," complaint that keeps popping up? It implies that more people want to play KDF than actually do.

We need more threads like this.
Lt. Commander
# 27
05-21-2012, 09:44 AM
Quote:
You know what I love about this, "UI is too red," complaint that keeps popping up? It implies that more people want to play KDF than actually do.

We need more threads like this.
A dev reply saying "Oh, and we'll fix the Red UI / give you more UI customization" would be a nice addition. There is little point in having people try out the KDF to immediately turn them off with the UI, don't you think?
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-21-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
A dev reply saying "Oh, and we'll fix the Red UI / give you more UI customization" would be a nice addition. There is little point in having people try out the KDF to immediately turn them off with the UI, don't you think?
Oh I agree. First time I tried KDF, (real moment of honesty here), right after launch I ran about a bit, saw a healthy population and realized I lost quite a bit because I was fighting the UI. Wound up not playing that toon for a very long time.

You do get used to it over time though. I now have 10 KDFs and I play them more often than I do my Feds. Well now a days I play Fed to give the KDF something to fight in the PvP ques. Seeing that most Feds would rather fight themselves and KDF only wants to fight Feds.

Still I woulda payed that first toon much more often if the UI was not so difficult to adapt to.
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-21-2012, 09:59 AM
This threads still lame... :p
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-22-2012, 05:05 AM
I really do not think changing the UI is going to get more players to play the KDF LOL. Maybe actually putting work into development to get people to play it may but that is the problem they think they developed it but its far from attracting players who are not hardcore Star Trek Klingon Fans.