Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
04-28-2012, 04:07 PM
While I'm no noob - I've been PvPing in STO for nearly 2 years off and on and like to think I can hold my own in the average pug but its obvious when I come up against the Pandas that I still have a lot to learn.

I don't get to play nearly as often as I used to but when I do PvP is usually what I'm after. I may not post a lot around here but I do lurk here and read a lot of what is posted in this forum.

Are the Panda Cubs Fed or KDF? I'm currently levelling a Sci and a Tac on both sides (all flying escorts - I've never got my head around science ships) and would welcome some tuition from those who know more than me.

Voice comms (or the lack of it) is one thing that has always kept me out of organised matches but I guess I can look at doing something about that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
04-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
While I'm no noob - I've been PvPing in STO for nearly 2 years off and on and like to think I can hold my own in the average pug but its obvious when I come up against the Pandas that I still have a lot to learn.

I don't get to play nearly as often as I used to but when I do PvP is usually what I'm after. I may not post a lot around here but I do lurk here and read a lot of what is posted in this forum.

Are the Panda Cubs Fed or KDF? I'm currently levelling a Sci and a Tac on both sides (all flying escorts - I've never got my head around science ships) and would welcome some tuition from those who know more than me.

Voice comms (or the lack of it) is one thing that has always kept me out of organised matches but I guess I can look at doing something about that.
We have just started the Fed side Sad Panda Cubs. You are more than welcome to join and learn the sci trade.

Once the Fed side is up and running, we are planning on getting a Klink Hax Pandas Cub Fleet going.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
04-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz1911 View Post
We have just started the Fed side Sad Panda Cubs. You are more than welcome to join and learn the sci trade.

Once the Fed side is up and running, we are planning on getting a Klink Hax Pandas Cub Fleet going.
I might be willing to throw a klingon into that depending on what might happen between now and then.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
04-29-2012, 12:03 AM
I may poke my head in. If nothing else but to meet and converse on tactics. As long as it is legit, i take pride on a good game and winning. If you could send the info to me in a mail that would be great thanks.


Dread
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15 Pvp
04-29-2012, 07:35 AM
On second thought..this sounds interesting if enough people can participate to make enough teams where premades can battle premades.





Quote:
Originally Posted by 4monkeys View Post
Hey guys,
I think everyone in the game realises pvp is becoming really quiet.
There isnt enough premades out there for epic battles.

Sad Pandas have taken the initiative to create a new fleet called Sad Panda Cubs. It is a Pure Space PVP fleet for those who want to become "haxellent" space pilots.

All we ask from you is:
You are willing to learn the Space PVP ropes. That simple!

If you would like to be invited into this fleet, just ask one of the Sad Pandas or the Cub Trainers.

Even more importantly, if some of you seasoned PVP'ers have an old toon you don't use in any fleet and are willing to help the PVP cause, please give us a shout and you'll get the trainer positions.

This is not going to be a Panda Recruiting ground.

It will allow other growing fleets to pick up emerging new talent allowing for more premades in ques.

Happy Pewing!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
04-29-2012, 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgt_Gumby View Post
On second thought..this sounds interesting if enough people can participate to make enough teams where premades can battle premades.
That'd be the goal, Gumby
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
04-29-2012, 10:34 AM
The recruitment campaign is funny atleast; queue-matches in a semi-premade team stomping pugs 15-0 and announcing in the end "Hey guys if you want help in pvp please add the channel Sad Panda Cubs".

Nope I don't want help in pewpew, I want to play average pug-games in my engi derpscort and fly around like an idiot, as a change to the usual boring healcruisering.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
04-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
While I'm no noob - I've been PvPing in STO for nearly 2 years off and on and like to think I can hold my own in the average pug but its obvious when I come up against the Pandas that I still have a lot to learn.

I don't get to play nearly as often as I used to but when I do PvP is usually what I'm after. I may not post a lot around here but I do lurk here and read a lot of what is posted in this forum.

Are the Panda Cubs Fed or KDF? I'm currently levelling a Sci and a Tac on both sides (all flying escorts - I've never got my head around science ships) and would welcome some tuition from those who know more than me.

Voice comms (or the lack of it) is one thing that has always kept me out of organised matches but I guess I can look at doing something about that.
once you do, give the pandas a shout and we'll help you out....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
04-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exal7
The recruitment campaign is funny atleast; queue-matches in a semi-premade team stomping pugs 15-0 and announcing in the end "Hey guys if you want help in pvp please add the channel Sad Panda Cubs".

Nope I don't want help in pewpew, I want to play average pug-games in my engi derpscort and fly around like an idiot, as a change to the usual boring healcruisering.
Its not about queue stomping...

If everything works out as planned, the quality of the average pug player will be increased, therefore reducing the amount of queue stomping.

Also, theres not just queueing, theres also private matches with mixed teams to give any player the experience of playing in premade matches.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
04-29-2012, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exal7
The recruitment campaign is funny atleast; queue-matches in a semi-premade team stomping pugs 15-0 and announcing in the end "Hey guys if you want help in pvp please add the channel Sad Panda Cubs".

Nope I don't want help in pewpew, I want to play average pug-games in my engi derpscort and fly around like an idiot, as a change to the usual boring healcruisering.
Its not a recruitment campaign in any shape. Its a way for the PVP community to help increase the standard of pvp. You dont even need to join the fleet to get help.

On a side note, you can always ignore the message.........
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:05 AM.