Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
04-29-2012, 11:54 AM
As one of the first Cubs in on Sad Panda Cubs Channel and Fleet, I must say this group is simply amazing.

1) I've begun to learn what not to do.
2) I've begun to learn what to do.
3) I've gotten advice from good players in OPvP Channel, and some players have taken time to teach me what the abilities do. I can't thank the OPvP guys enough. Sad Panda Trainers have begun to teach me how to use them.
4) Teamwork. Not only do they use it, they are teaching me how to use it.

I'd like to give my personal thanks to every Trainer who has taken the time, (and I'm talking many hours over the last couple of days,) to turn me around. I enjoy PvP, but having leveled up to 50 against the Engine foes, I entered PvP with the false expectation of being competent. I expected I would need to learn, but assumed I was ready to take the leap. I hit a brick wall at full speed. The engine does not prepare you for PvP and it was extremely frustrating not knowing where I was going wrong. In two days as a Cub I've begun to learn STO.

If you want to learn PvP, or just want to learn how to become a better player in general, join us.

To the Sad Pandas and the trainers for other fleets: thanks for doing this, guys.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-29-2012, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by exal7
The recruitment campaign is funny atleast; queue-matches in a semi-premade team stomping pugs 15-0 and announcing in the end "Hey guys if you want help in pvp please add the channel Sad Panda Cubs".

Nope I don't want help in pewpew, I want to play average pug-games in my engi derpscort and fly around like an idiot, as a change to the usual boring healcruisering.
Its a campain just to get numbers into pvp and to teach teamwork and heal spreading.we all know normal pve only teaches people self heals and no teamwork. When these pvers finsihed there level 50's they have stf's that fail and turn to pvp to find they get stomped on by any premades, then think either quit or ask for help or new charactor.

Also not everyone reads forums and so the spamming is there to get awareness. It isnt a recruiting for sad pandas directly and isn't intending on. Sad Pandas is not recruting. This is just a helpfull fleet making more competition for one another and helping others no matter what fleet you are in . Were tweaking the pugs into more dps to the builds they want and capable of team heals the setups are personal builds and individuality so not thousand sof panda builds .

Im sorry if it offends you however think of the 30+ people already joined sad panda cubs channel asking for help. The fact it is doing this spamming today during 3 matches has got 7 people into channel and on vent chatting to us and understanding why we do things, I consider this as a viable answer to carry on.

The end results is teamwork whether in STF or PVP and understanding there ships and creating there own uniqueness not recruiting for pandas.Then why dont you become constructive and help solve the problem? you must know the channel by now, come hang on vent too.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-29-2012, 12:15 PM
I might not have been entirely serious in my post.

Yes you don't strike as the kind of people that would do it out of being ******s.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-29-2012, 01:56 PM
I think I really like this. Sounds like a lot of work but the pay off could totally be worth it. Hell, I'm going to have to see about signing up so I don't get left too much further behind, lol.

Thanks guys.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-29-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
I think I really like this. Sounds like a lot of work but the pay off could totally be worth it. Hell, I'm going to have to see about signing up so I don't get left too much further behind, lol.

Thanks guys.
sign on the dotted line....
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-29-2012, 05:17 PM
if this raises the average competence level of the average moving, or not moving, pvp target, gameplay will be much improved! i'll continue on being a maverick and going alone for now i think. i know how to play, what works and what doesn't and i figuring out all the doff exploits, all i'd learn is how to work as a cog in a premade team. i always end up playing this combinations of 'hardline correct' and 'most fun for me to fly solo', so fleets and premades arent really my style.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-29-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post

Thanks guys.
I thought you had a member in SP Hale? You need to play with us more! :p
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-30-2012, 12:54 AM
This I love .

I'm keeping an eye out on the trainees... scouting about and watching the potential to rebuild our old 7th Core premi. Kudos to you lot and thanks for the effort
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-30-2012, 08:46 AM
Do we actually have to join a fleet? Or can we just attend training sessions?
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang
Do we actually have to join a fleet? Or can we just attend training sessions?
Just join the channel and ask questions. The Fleet is totally optional, and being in another fleet has not stopped trainers from giving solid advice to a couple of my friends.