Lt. Commander
# 1 AMD 12.4 Catalyst Drivers?
04-28-2012, 11:34 AM
They were released (out of beta) a few days ago. Can anyone confirm that they work properly with STO? I have been stuck running 12.1 due to visual bugs and I don't feel like installing 12.4 only to have to wipe it and go back to 12.1 yet again.

I saw another thread about them, but it was in reference to the beta version of them and responses were mixed.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2012, 01:26 AM
Just loaded them and no blockiness like I saw with 12.3. They may have solved the issue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2012, 05:59 AM
I'm very hesitantly downloading it now, so later on once I've had a chance to give it a proper work through I'll post how how well it is working and/or any issues that come up.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-01-2012, 05:05 AM
Okay so I said once I had the chance to give it a proper run through that I would post up and mention any issues if there were any with the new 12.4 drivers.

The only issue I've had with it so far is that the AMD HMDI audio driver with 12.4 was causing the HMDI audio to stop working at times. I'm using a 42" HDTV for a computer monitor and HDMI audio is wacky sometimes when using a TV instead of a dedicated computer monitor. I rolled back JUST the AMD HDMI audio driver to 12.1 and now it's working perfectly.

So far the actual 12.4 graphics driver seems to be pretty stable and there is definitely some performance increase. One thing I did notice and just commented about on another thread is they moved the edge enhancement to the video tab in the 12.4 AMD vision engine (new name for catalyst?) but it is still controlling the edge enhancement for 3d graphics processing as well, so you might need to re tweak some settings as some values for settings seem to have been slightly modified as well.