Lt. Commander
# 1 Do something about cure elite
04-29-2012, 12:57 AM
Your player base is way too stupid for something this complex. If you refuse to put any kind of limitation on being able to Q for it, then you have to dumb it down on par with the other 2 missions.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2012, 01:12 AM
The STO playerbase is indeed really really really stupid, I can't believe that some of them even manage to log on each day.

In all seriousness, don't do PUG's, get a team and do it if you are getting annoyed.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2012, 01:41 AM
MMO geeks typically lack the socialization complex of working in groups, teams and the basics of communicating with other people, whether it be in real life or in a virtual world...it's no secret
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-29-2012, 01:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prays4u View Post
Your player base is way too stupid for something this complex. If you refuse to put any kind of limitation on being able to Q for it, then you have to dumb it down on par with the other 2 missions.
It's been dumbed down 3 times over the past three months and before that it has always been dumbed down big time by virtue of the NORMAL mode.

If you think your good enough then start playing private room ques with people in the STF Elite channel.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-29-2012, 03:05 AM
I think that is a pretty harsh generalization about the STO community to be fair as this is far from the case. The problem that you are having is that you are going about it the wrong way.

I'd suggest that you either form a STF team from your fleet mates who know how to complete the mission or join the channel elitestf as I have rarely failed on missions since joining.

It's not a case of it being complex, it's more of a case of players of different experience levels coming together in random teams and not communicating enough.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-29-2012, 03:34 AM
Don't forget the language barrier as well. Not everyone speaks English .
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prays4u View Post
Sounds like you lack leadership Skills and the common sense that it takes to seek out experienced players to team with.

After awhile you only have yourselfe to blame.

If your comming to the forums to rant about failing Elite level STFs in a pug group then it makes it obvious who the real stupid person is.

I'll get you a mirror
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-29-2012, 07:18 AM
Last time I did one of those random borg invasion events, I watched the 4 other ships go off in 4 different directions.

I could have cried.

Not making a comment about the intelligence level of the average player. Just saying that these events all suffer from a lack of communication.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
Sounds like you lack leadership Skills and the common sense that it takes to seek out experienced players to team with.

After awhile you only have yourselfe to blame.

If your comming to the forums to rant about failing Elite level STFs in a pug group then it makes it obvious who the real stupid person is.

I'll get you a mirror
Oh I'm sorry you must be under the impression I want to give that much effort. Most games have a gating system for the elite versions of instances ala WOW. If you want to wrangle the droolers feel free, I don't.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-29-2012, 07:26 AM
You can lead all you want to, but in a PUG, don't expect everyone to listen. Simple solution is not to Pug Elite Cure. It only takes one player to screw up that STF. You can Pug the other two Elite STF's if you have no other options available to you though.