Lt. Commander
# 1 how to set up a shuttle?
04-20-2012, 01:47 PM
how should i go about properly setting up a non c store shuttle? what boff is best to have on the ensign station? a tac for tac team? and what set for shileds deflectors and such and what weapons? like i dont even know if you can put normal stuff onto a shuttle so this is why im asking
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-20-2012, 02:08 PM
A shuttlecraft can mount all your normal starship components, so there's no real reason to stick to the Standard Issue-S components, except if you really like that 360' phaser bank.

If you're looking at the Type-8, go ahead and sink the credits into the Danube Runabout. You'll get better hull and shields and additional console slots.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-20-2012, 02:18 PM
I've had good results with 4x borg on the shuttle as the regenerative shield is useful without all the shield heals on a full ship

1x MK XII Beam array 1x forward weapon (DBB or Torpedo) seems to be good, Hargh'Pengs or Quantums are nice here
Assimilated Module
Field Generator
Damage console for your beam array

Doffs: 2-3x shield distribution, 1x tractor beam, 2x projectile if using torpedos

This gives you good number of personal heals so you can use an offensive boff for BFaW, or spread. Use your tractor beams to slow down targets for easy crits and some shield damage, and its really helpful on the defender at the end. Be a Sci captain for that too
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by emtbob
I've had good results with 4x borg on the shuttle as the regenerative shield is useful without all the shield heals on a full ship

1x MK XII Beam array 1x forward weapon (DBB or Torpedo) seems to be good, Hargh'Pengs or Quantums are nice here
Assimilated Module
Field Generator
Damage console for your beam array

Doffs: 2-3x shield distribution, 1x tractor beam, 2x projectile if using torpedos

This gives you good number of personal heals so you can use an offensive boff for BFaW, or spread. Use your tractor beams to slow down targets for easy crits and some shield damage, and its really helpful on the defender at the end. Be a Sci captain for that too
alright ill prob stick on two dbb or something, most likely have a tac team or a beam overload and go with an aegis set and some damage consoles and see how things work out and tweak it from there.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-20-2012, 03:29 PM
2*DBB are good. FAW can de used if you fight small targets (awesome to kill swarmers in operation gamma).
Theta radiation console works great.
Equipment - 3*borg + maco shield.
I am also thinking about tricobalt, it can oneshot most targets meant to be killed by shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaemon View Post
2*DBB are good. FAW can de used if you fight small targets (awesome to kill swarmers in operation gamma).
Point Defense Console actually works much better against the swarmers or any small targets really.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Point Defense Console actually works much better against the swarmers or any small targets really.
But you have to buy it from c-store...
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-21-2012, 07:40 AM
First the Type 8 is so Garbage it makes you hate living. Buy the Danube Runabout, it's an EC ship so not hard.

Emergency Power to Shields or a HE1 is nice, I found I don't so much need more firepower but more survival.

Tac Team on a shuttle doesn't seem smart to me, don't get me wrong it's great and all but there are far more useful powers out there.

Hargh'peng or the Breen Cluster Torpedo are fantastic on a shuttle. And if your going for weird, Drop the Tricobalt Mine and run for the space hills. A Hargh'Peng is a 15s cooldown one shot Torpedo for enemy Shuttles.

The Auto Leveling 360 Beam array isn't that bad, but you can get more energy DPS out of a single MK 12 turret let alone a pair.

Aegis, or Borg are both great for a Shuttle craft, if you want you can go 3P Borg and a MACO shield. or 2P Borg 2P Omega or MACO.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-21-2012, 09:31 PM
Train a tac officer in torpedo spread 1. Load 1 quantum torpedo mk XI or XII and either a MKXI or MKII turret or standard phaser 360 doesnt matter. Hit spread and auto fire when target goes in front of you every target gets hit by 2-5 torpedos. This is my tactic of taking out swarmers/vault mission cause its a pain otherwords. Now if you can get the point defense system add that too. But torpedo spread seems to be best bang for your shuttles buck IMHO

Sirenbane@dlmystic
Dominion-X
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-22-2012, 12:24 AM
I use the peregrime fighter but I still run one single cannons one turret. Also Mxii purple plasma cannons are cheap. I still have tagged with 4x Borg set. And I would have scorpion fighter in the device slot. This give more targets for enemies to shot at and they don't time expire. They run as long as there is something to kill. I would stay away from the tricobalt because of the cool down. I don't know about you but I don't like fighting anything that last a minute for the cool down and the tricobalt can still be shot down.