Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
04-29-2012, 12:06 PM
GM can't do any in-game punishments... Like locking someone in a room with no exit. Right?

One game, I dare a GM that he can't send me to jail. Then went to jail and wait there for 10 mins then return to the game. After, the GM and I had a good laugh. Classic times....

Where my classic fun times with the GM in Star Trek Online? lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
04-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
oh, GMs can already set themselves to be invisible. . .
Plus, we all have private accounts that aren't flagged.

You never know when/where a dev/GM may be.

That guy, greifing you on your last STF? Could be a dev. . .
Oh so now I gotta figure out which dev that was that sat there afk at the start of KA until we got to the boss and then skippity do dah was like wow my technical problems just vanished! Yes I will find out this secret identity I have my dna kit and mask removal tools all ready for this job.

BTW I'm just joking about it being a dev and all but I hope they do put a measure in place to keep ppl from trying to leech gear like that since we have a leaver penalty we can't just leave them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
04-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catliketyping
I remember running through the zone boundaries in EQ when I had crappy connections.

Then you were in a small room, with cat faces as the wall texture, with all the mobs changed into Human males... scaled up or down, depending on the size of the mob.

They have pictures of the EQ cat room if you do a GIS.

Zoning in STO doesn't work the same way. I don't think I've run through a zone boundary in STO like I have in EQ, mainly because the EQ boundaries were penetrable...

An homage to the cat room would be kind of funny.
Glad to hear that someone else remembers the Mitty Kitty Room!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
04-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muncheee1 View Post
That is SAD

it's bad enough now ya got Dev's Wasting our Time

Whats next?
I for one think the devs and the gms should be playing the game. When they see bugs, it annoys them as well and I would think things would get fixed quicker.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
04-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
I for one think the devs and the gms should be playing the game. When they see bugs, it annoys them as well and I would think things would get fixed quicker.
my point was about the Griefing And they should be playing but Griefing Really now? what is it a cheap thrill or something you would think they have better things to do then make the game miserable

just my thoughts so no big deal i guess they can Grief as good as the rest
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
04-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muncheee1 View Post
my point was about the Griefing And they should be playing but Griefing Really now? what is it a cheap thrill or something you would think they have better things to do then make the game miserable
Dang I just remembered a webcomic where that happened all the time. Can anyone think of the name?

edit: Found it: http://thenoobcomic.com/ Text may not be safe for work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
04-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muncheee1 View Post
my point was about the Griefing And they should be playing but Griefing Really now? what is it a cheap thrill or something you would think they have better things to do then make the game miserable

just my thoughts so no big deal i guess they can Grief as good as the rest
You realize that was a joke, right?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
04-29-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
oh, GMs can already set themselves to be invisible. . .
Plus, we all have private accounts that aren't flagged.

You never know when/where a dev/GM may be.

That guy, greifing you on your last STF? Could be a dev. . .
Don't say such things ... Thems fightin' words!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
04-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silo935
I have done a lot of ESD exploring using DEMORECORD and regrettably it is even less elaborate than it appears ingame. No hidden areas at all....
I'm not sure if this is on the holodeck version. but the ESD in the foundry (which is still the old old ESD) has a hidden room. About 30 meters bellow the main station is the transporter room. I remember a Dev at one point saying that instead of having players transport into Quinns offices lobby, they made an transporter room but never liked how it worked. So it looks like they just hid it beneath the station. Now, the old new ESD aquired a transporter room on the main floor, so i'm not sure if this 'hidden' room is still there.

Also, Quinns old office and the old Shipyard may still be on the map. Not sure.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
04-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Praetori View Post
I'm not sure if this is on the holodeck version. but the ESD in the foundry (which is still the old old ESD) has a hidden room. About 30 meters bellow the main station is the transporter room. I remember a Dev at one point saying that instead of having players transport into Quinns offices lobby, they made an transporter room but never liked how it worked. So it looks like they just hid it beneath the station. Now, the old new ESD aquired a transporter room on the main floor, so i'm not sure if this 'hidden' room is still there.

Also, Quinns old office and the old Shipyard may still be on the map. Not sure.
They don't appear to be. Also, the 'Earth' we see out the ESD windows is just a flat, one-sided cutout, as is the other station that can be seen. The shipyard itself uses forced-perspective to make the view out the window appear much larger than it really is - in reality, the Odyssey model they have parked out there would never fit through the space doors you can see behind it.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:05 PM.