Lt. Commander
# 41
04-29-2012, 04:40 PM
The only time I remember seeing GMs in the game was after they made mines do friendly fire. A bunch of people were laying them around ESD and waiting for them to time out and explode to kill people. After 3 or four warnings people were getting 3 to 24 hour account bans from the game.

I actually put one of them on ignore. A couple hours later I was laying mines again and got a warning from another GM about laying mines, and letting me know I probably shouldn't put other GMs on my ignore list

I think we also flew around them shooting off fire works.
Lt. Commander
# 42
04-29-2012, 04:49 PM
There is no spoon.
Lt. Commander
# 43
04-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
The only time I remember seeing GMs in the game was after they made mines do friendly fire. A bunch of people were laying them around ESD and waiting for them to time out and explode to kill people. After 3 or four warnings people were getting 3 to 24 hour account bans from the game.

I actually put one of them on ignore. A couple hours later I was laying mines again and got a warning from another GM about laying mines, and letting me know I probably shouldn't put other GMs on my ignore list

I think we also flew around them shooting off fire works.
I would love it if STO had friendly fire... for all the wrong reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 44
04-29-2012, 06:24 PM
I may have seen a very particular place somewhere in Fed space... But I cannot disclose any further information to anyone outside the network.
Lt. Commander
# 45
04-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Oh so now I gotta figure out which dev that was that sat there afk at the start of KA until we got to the boss and then skippity do dah was like wow my technical problems just vanished! Yes I will find out this secret identity I have my dna kit and mask removal tools all ready for this job.

BTW I'm just joking about it being a dev and all but I hope they do put a measure in place to keep ppl from trying to leech gear like that since we have a leaver penalty we can't just leave them.
You shall have all the resources our Alliance / Fleet can give you ... FED and KDF both.
Lt. Commander
# 46
04-29-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
I may have seen a very particular place somewhere in Fed space... But I cannot disclose any further information to anyone outside the network.
Oh, you mean the Free Lockbox Keys Nebula? Yeah, been there myself. Cool spot.
Lt. Commander
# 47
04-29-2012, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Then why did he suck so bad...? I'm just messin'
It's pretty standard throughout the industry. . . just because you made the game, doesn't mean you're any good at the game you made. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by muncheee1 View Post
my point was about the Griefing And they should be playing but Griefing Really now? what is it a cheap thrill or something you would think they have better things to do then make the game miserable

just my thoughts so no big deal i guess they can Grief as good as the rest

My griefing comment was meant as a joke. I don't think that actually happens. My point was simply that you never know who around you may be a GM/Dev, or if/where/when one is listening or observing even if you can't see them.

That's not meant to be creepy, just meant as a warning to be nice to each other all the time
Lt. Commander
# 48
04-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Indeed to be frank any instances i have been in with devs/cryptic employees has always been a nice place to be.
Though as soon as they are spotted someone will always say...."So about that Tier 5 Connie"

Which results in the entire instance groaning in sync.
Lt. Commander
# 49
04-29-2012, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
It's pretty standard throughout the industry. . . just because you made the game, doesn't mean you're any good at the game you made. . .
One of the issues I had long time ago back before mmorpgs came to be I was associated with many groups of people who made muds back in the day the hardest thing above being good at what you make is being able to enjoy something as much as a player who does not see all the things that you or someone working on the game see's. Plus its hard for you to play and be surprised at what is coming if you already know LOL. I guess that is one positive side if you work for a company making a game and they just give you small pieces of the pie then you can take more enjoyment of actually playing it.
Lt. Commander
# 50
04-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Get in the elevator at ESD, push the down button, they live in those rooms under the station, with all their TV monitors, listening devices and pet tribbles...just listening and watching while they feed their cute fuzzy tribbles to KDF cannibal tribbles...and occasionaly pushing the "robot" dance button on some unsuspecting player at Club 47

yeaaaa, it sounds a creepy and a little demented, but the Devs need a place to relax and unwind after a hards days work of being bashed by upset Captains because, they are doing emergency patches during peak playing hours...

Be careful if you go down there though, there are 40 Dr. Sibak clones standing guard ready to...clone you...

you have been warned...
Closed Thread