Lt. Commander
# 51
04-30-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZachVerant
Get in the elevator at ESD, push the down button, they live in those rooms under the station
Yeah, What is that lower deck for any way? Other than a short cut.

I find it to be a odd place to put nothing else there.
Lt. Commander
# 52
04-30-2012, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
I haven't seen any secret rooms yet.

Generally, if we don't want to be seen, we can just move our characters outside of the regular map, i.e. I stand on the ceiling of Quinn's office when in ESD sometimes.

But now that you've put the idea into my taco. . .
So you're basically all Q in the game. Good to know.
Lt. Commander
# 53
04-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
My first guess would be SFA but that's too new. Maybe a special level at ESD?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've seen one or two hanging around in the darkened corridors of ESD (that run 'underground') with faint echo of "my precious..." all around. Creepy stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 54
04-30-2012, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muncheee1 View Post
my point was about the Griefing And they should be playing but Griefing Really now? what is it a cheap thrill or something you would think they have better things to do then make the game miserable

just my thoughts so no big deal i guess they can Grief as good as the rest
Ummm...you realize that TM was kidding right? He evn put the old to imply it...
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-30-2012, 09:15 AM
Quote:
It's pretty standard throughout the industry. . . just because you made the game, doesn't mean you're any good at the game you made. . .

Lol Tumerboy, it was a joke.

*Hands you apology bacon*

My griefing comment was meant as a joke. I don't think that actually happens. My point was simply that you never know who around you may be a GM/Dev, or if/where/when one is listening or observing even if you can't see them.

That's not meant to be creepy, just meant as a warning to be nice to each other all the time
Hmm gives me an idea though..have an STF event with Cryptic staff haha.
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-30-2012, 12:42 PM
Quote:
It's pretty standard throughout the industry. . . just because you made the game, doesn't mean you're any good at the game you made. . .

My griefing comment was meant as a joke. I don't think that actually happens. My point was simply that you never know who around you may be a GM/Dev, or if/where/when one is listening or observing even if you can't see them.

That's not meant to be creepy, just meant as a warning to be nice to each other all the time
Next time I stand on top of starbase I will invite you? :-)
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-30-2012, 01:34 PM
I have to agree with Taco, I don't think there is any secret rooms. In other MMOs they originally were rooms that were starting points for zone creation.

And since I've never seen a GM in physical form, unlike other MMOs, I don't think there is even a need for their hidden fortesses of solitude.
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Quote:
I haven't seen any secret rooms yet.

Generally, if we don't want to be seen, we can just move our characters outside of the regular map, i.e. I stand on the ceiling of Quinn's office when in ESD sometimes.

But now that you've put the idea into my taco. . .
Ya know. Back in the old days of EQ they had a couple special hidden rooms for naughty customers.

One was just a cube, no doors, no windows, no way out. Be naughty and the GMs would port you and bind you there so all you could do was login to this little room of nothing and log out.

If you were extra naughty you went into the other room.. It looked the same as the first room but with a major difference.. It had an NPC who could one-shot you. So you would login, die, rez, die, rez, die, rez, etc... Until you pulled the plug as there was no logging off in combat or while dead. Don't forget you lose XP upon each death and can de-level from it.

Ahh.. Binding death loops.. How I miss your simple but effective means of discipline.

Maybe one day STO will have something fun like that for the GMs to enjoy.
Lt. Commander
# 59
05-01-2012, 12:31 PM
I feel like somethings on the maps are lacking details or they ran out of time to add more details.

Like visiting your bathroom in the captain's quarters?
Where a class rooms at Starfleet Academy?
I see no Holosuites at Quark's Bar?

I hope the new Star Base Stations would add more stuff.
Like have offices and apartments.

I like to explore maps than feel like things are hidden.
Lt. Commander
# 60
05-01-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderRasseru
Some MMOs have a secret room or a hidden gateway to a limit access hideout.
Finding them are hard to search for... Players who happen to find them get in trouble and place into GM jail.

My question is.... Are their hidden rooms for GMs in Star Trek Online?

Has a GM gave you a friendly tour of it?
Have you bug out and happen to end up in a hidden room?
Have you seen past a wall where you found a hidden room?

I played this game since release and haven't found any thing. But have you found any secrets of Star Trek Online?

I'm sure they all hang out at the captain's table.

No one else goes there, so it's nice and private. :p
Closed Thread