Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
05-03-2012, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by transpetaflops View Post
I'm pretty sure Gozer decides where on the map the loot drops (if at all) since he talked about those changes himself on STOked. He even decides the probability of those drops, once again according to himself.
Yes, but he then goes to a programming developer and says, "I want loot to drop in this location... make it happen", and then the programmer does that part of the work...

At least that is what has been stated several times, even by himself.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-03-2012, 04:39 AM
I would appreciate if you could refrain from taking this thread more off topic than you've already done. We can discuss elsewhere whether Gozer's employment as lead designer for the STFs involves any form of responsibility for their functionality or not. But this thread is a bug report that loot is missing for a player that returns after a game crash and the mission finished during his or hers absence. Please respect that.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-03-2012, 04:45 AM
I haven't missed out on any loot recently, and certinaly not to the bug you have now gotten twice. Consider this a problem on your end? Also Gozer cant help you. Also also - No, they really dont care about what you missed/say. If they intend to ignore nearly 100 pages of lockbox complaints, then their sure as hell not going to help you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-03-2012, 05:41 AM
The concept of sarcasm is apparently difficult to comprehend for some people. For Daniel's sake I hope some moderator directs him to this thread. The poor guy can use a good laugh.

And to any moderator who reads this: Feel free to delete all off topic posts in this thread and return it to the bug report it once was.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-03-2012, 08:23 AM
KASE drops has been funny for last 3 weeks true...

on two cases right after patch 2 weeks ago we didn't get optional loot at all.

On one Kase team finished it with 7 min before optional and only got 2 deflectors.

So yeah, Donatra snatches the loot.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
But this thread is a bug report that loot is missing for a player that returns after a game crash and the mission finished during his or hers absence.
Except that in addition to your bug report ...
which is an actual BUG that I can confirm (it has happened to me too) ...
In addition to your bug report you make a demand of FIX IT ! FIX IT ! and you specifically address Gozer. Perhaps your original intent was sarcasm or trying to be funny. Neither of which translate through the internet. But what came across with the way you wrote it was a DEMAND that someone fix your problem. Sure (many posts later) you clarify what you meant, but your thread is certainly not a constructive Bug report on any way , once you add the demand for FIX IT FIX IT !! it is no longer constructive.

As stated (and to stay with your intended topic), I too have noted this bug.
I made a report, quietly, and sent it away.
I did not come to the forums to Yell and Demand my Loot.
if this were truly a "Bug" report, you could have handled it quietly and without a forum post.

Confirming though, this is indeed a bug. If you are not ON the map currently (i.e. respawning at the time) , your loot bag simply does not show up if the scenario finishes while you are not on map.

EDITED : To sound less snarky.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-03-2012, 09:28 AM
You are absolutely correct HippieJohn but demanding a fix is within my rights as a paying customer as long as the services from Cryptic are not delivered as promised. If I offended the community with my post, I apologize but in all honesty, there were no reason for anyone in the community to respond to it in the first place. It was directed to Cryptic in general and Daniel in particular in his role as lead designer for the STFs. And if you only knew how many in-game bug reports I've submitted "the correct way" over the past year, which have all gone unnoticed, you might understand the frustration I express in my OP when Cryptic manages to break yet another working feature with a patch. I will now go back to the game and check how much they have broken with today's patch...
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
You are absolutely correct HippieJohn but demanding a fix is within my rights as a paying customer as long as the services from Cryptic are not delivered as promised. If I offended the community with my post, I apologize but in all honesty, there were no reason for anyone in the community to respond to it in the first place. It was directed to Cryptic in general and Daniel in particular in his role as lead designer for the STFs. And if you only knew how many in-game bug reports I've submitted "the correct way" over the past year, which have all gone unnoticed, you might understand the frustration I express in my OP when Cryptic manages to break yet another working feature with a patch. I will now go back to the game and check how much they have broken with today's patch...
I certainly wasn't offended, just wanted to point out that the sarcastic attitude you intended doesn't translate over the interwebs, and so your post comes off sounding demanding and whiny, but certainly not offensive. What I consider is a fair point though, is you do (in fact) name the thread "Give me my loot bag GOZER !", while saying that it is directed at DStahl and Cryptic in general.

You address Gozer directly, both in the thread title and in your initial post ??

Remember that if you have to explain your sarcasm 5 posts later, than it loses it's effectiveness as sarcasm. I am in total agreement with you, BTW, regarding the state of how often patches break something that works, and the poor responses to Bug reports.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
I would appreciate if you could refrain from taking this thread more off topic than you've already done. We can discuss elsewhere whether Gozer's employment as lead designer for the STFs involves any form of responsibility for their functionality or not. But this thread is a bug report that loot is missing for a player that returns after a game crash and the mission finished during his or hers absence. Please respect that.
Actually, a bug report is a bug report. Did you file a bug report in-game? If you did, that report will have your system info on it, whcih could very well help determine the cause of the crash.

Did you file a GM ticket for your supposed lost loot? Because there's nothing anyone can do on the forums, developer or no.

Quote:
You are absolutely correct HippieJohn but demanding a fix is within my rights as a paying customer as long as the services from Cryptic are not delivered as promised.
If the crash is actually being caused by your system or a bad driver, it doesn't matter how much of a customer you are to Cryptic :p

Quote:
And if you only knew how many in-game bug reports I've submitted "the correct way" over the past year, which have all gone unnoticed
Bug reports never illicit replies from GMs, only GM tickets are replied to.

In short, this thread delivers
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-03-2012, 09:50 AM
Don't want replies... Don't post on a forum...