Lt. Commander
# 31
05-04-2012, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
i reccomend reading up via STO-Wiki & STO Academy these should get you started on the basics (the best way to learn more is to get in a team with friends and get better with practice.
There is a good guide here as well called "Elite Tactical Reports - A Guide to STFs on Elite Difficulty" ( http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...tactical+guide) . I couldn't agree more about teaming with friends. It's your best option to read these guides and do them with friends or as part of a fleet. There may be more than one way to do them but let's be honest, most play to get the gear and just complete them in general. A sound tactic to get both the optionals and the main objective is the best path.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willatreides View Post
This is a basic reality of all MMO's. PUGS = griefers, leechers, leavers ... nothing will change that. If you want to be free of griefing, join a fleet. If you need to farm STFs in PUGS, accept the fact that a percentage of runs will fail due to the aforementioned player types.

PUGS are like a box of chocolates, you never know what your going to get.
Again, couldn't agree more...

If anyone that normally does pugs wants to have a clean run of at least the main objective and you are willing to come to our teamspeak 3 server, I am at your disposal and would enjoy getting you through. Just pm me
Lt. Commander
# 32
05-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Orig_Jean_Luc_Picard
There is a good guide here as well called "Elite Tactical Reports - A Guide to STFs on Elite Difficulty" ( http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...tactical+guide) . I couldn't agree more about teaming with friends. It's your best option to read these guides and do them with friends or as part of a fleet. There may be more than one way to do them but let's be honest, most play to get the gear and just complete them in general. A sound tactic to get both the optionals and the main objective is the best path.

Again, couldn't agree more...

If anyone that normally does pugs wants to have a clean run of at least the main objective and you are willing to come to our teamspeak 3 server, I am at your disposal and would enjoy getting you through. Just pm me
yup crew up for elites, you can pug for normals but on elite crew/team up and run it with people you know.