Lt. Commander
# 1 Exagerated plasma fires
04-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Im not sure about everyone else but I have a problem with the way plasma fires look on your ship. I noticed recently (not sure when it was implemented) but now plasma torpedoes have a 100% chance to create a plasma fire and start burning your ship. Now I have no problem with that, plasma torpedoes are too weak on their own, what I find annoying is what the plasma fire looks like. I find it very annoying that when I get hit by one little torpedo that my entire ship goes up in a blaze. Before that overly noticeable effect was useful, since you didnt always get the DoT, when you did it was very hard to notice. But now that its guaranteed I find the effect to be redundant.

Now im not saying to remove the effect completely, but at least make it smaller, Like instead of having your entire ship look like its getting grilled, just have one or two smaller plasma fires come out of a few parts on your ship, similar to the fire effects you get when your ship is seriously damaged. It just seems odd that when your ship is about to fall apart their are only a few small fires, but get hit with a tiny torpedo and your ship turns into a very high-tech bonfire.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan118 View Post
Im not sure about everyone else but I have a problem with the way plasma fires look on your ship. I noticed recently (not sure when it was implemented) but now plasma torpedoes have a 100% chance to create a plasma fire and start burning your ship. Now I have no problem with that, plasma torpedoes are too weak on their own, what I find annoying is what the plasma fire looks like. I find it very annoying that when I get hit by one little torpedo that my entire ship goes up in a blaze. Before that overly noticeable effect was useful, since you didnt always get the DoT, when you did it was very hard to notice. But now that its guaranteed I find the effect to be redundant.

Now im not saying to remove the effect completely, but at least make it smaller, Like instead of having your entire ship look like its getting grilled, just have one or two smaller plasma fires come out of a few parts on your ship, similar to the fire effects you get when your ship is seriously damaged. It just seems odd that when your ship is about to fall apart their are only a few small fires, but get hit with a tiny torpedo and your ship turns into a very high-tech bonfire.
actually, they have an 33% probability to start a fire
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by duaths View Post
Where does it say that? To me it seems a lot higher than 33%. Not 100% but certainly far more than 33%.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Haz emitters clear it off the hull instantly
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-29-2012, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainoblivous
Where does it say that? To me it seems a lot higher than 33%. Not 100% but certainly far more than 33%.
sto wiki
/10 chars
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-29-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
sto wiki
/10 chars
Then the Wiki's wrong. I just checked a common Plasma torpedo on the exchange and it doesn't have a chance to deal damage any more (despite the text saying it does), instead the stats read a flat 643 Plasma damage over 10 seconds.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-29-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
Normally but I have noticed over the last few weeks that HE glitches out sometimes and fails to clear the debuffs.

That on top of the occasional "misfire" of my powers = one slightly irked captain_oblivous
Anyone else noticed the "misfire"? It's basically when you activate the power, the cool down starts but nothing happens. Rather annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
ya plasma fires now happen everytime their not 33% anymore.

and yes I know Hazerd Emitters removes plasma fires but I dont want to use a hull heal just to get rid of an annoying effect, the dmg isent what bothers me, its the effect.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-29-2012, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax
That has nothing to do with the graphics effect of the Plasma cloud.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-29-2012, 09:46 PM
I'm fine with the plasma cloud effect but when someone fires plastorps on a Borg Tactical Cube or something enormous, the resultant massive cloud murders my framerate instantly.