Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 creating a new character
04-29-2012, 01:18 PM
I purchased 4 new character slots on my account so i could make a few new toons but when i make the toon and hit play it keeps saying character creation failed and goes back to the log in screen i spent 850 cp for the new slots i would like to be able to use them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Exit out and relaunch the game. Anything concerning account changes like that, you some times have to do that.

The item description should in fact mention that. I know on the doff, bank and inventory slots, it does.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapparatus View Post
Exit out and relaunch the game. Anything concerning account changes like that, you some times have to do that.

The item description should in fact mention that. I know on the doff, bank and inventory slots, it does.
I did that and it is still not working
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless2136
I purchased 4 new character slots on my account so i could make a few new toons but when i make the toon and hit play it keeps saying character creation failed and goes back to the log in screen i spent 850 cp for the new slots i would like to be able to use them.
There are some limitations that can cause Character creation to fail with no explanation... You cannot name characters after Star Trek characters and personalities... (no doubt other famous names are on the exclude list) Character names must be less then 20 characters... Avoid using saved 'tailor' images to flesh you your character, as they often include options that are not supported in the Tutorial...
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
There are some limitations that can cause Character creation to fail with no explanation... You cannot name characters after Star Trek characters and personalities... (no doubt other famous names are on the exclude list) Character names must be less then 20 characters... Avoid using saved 'tailor' images to flesh you your character, as they often include options that are not supported in the Tutorial...
I have tried making a toon with changing nothing but the name and that was a random one and still says creation failed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-29-2012, 11:42 PM
For the last month it has been doing this to me when I try to create a Liberated Borg. Others start fine.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-30-2012, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregspen View Post
For the last month it has been doing this to me when I try to create a Liberated Borg. Others start fine.
Really?...thats odd.