Lt. Commander
# 1 Data chips and you
04-29-2012, 04:01 PM
So....today I made a mistake that many of us have made before....getting a requisition form for the wrong piece of gear.And to be honest...I'm mad as hell.....mad because there is no way to correct my mistake,no way of trading back the form for the EDC so I can get the right one.I'm sick of the STF's....I have done these mission so many times now....and now I've to do them again and again to get the piece of gear I want.

Cryptic,it's time to fix this...
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-29-2012, 04:21 PM
What do they need to fix? It seems like this was carelessness on your behalf, and the fault is nobody's but your own.

I agree the STF system isn't perfect, but this complaint has no valid basis.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Its a little harsh to say this IS a game and it seems you lost, because other industry leading games have mechanics in place to support such mistakes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Its a little harsh to say this IS a game and it seems you lost, because other industry leading games have mechanics in place to support such mistakes.
Could you please link such a system?

All mmo's will have stuations were if you make the wrong choice you cant change your mind.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-29-2012, 05:20 PM
Data Chips go well with BorgBloodTangy Salsa.
Lt. Commander
# 6
04-29-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormnnorm
What do they need to fix? It seems like this was carelessness on your behalf, and the fault is nobody's but your own.

I agree the STF system isn't perfect, but this complaint has no valid basis.
What I would like to see is a system where I can trade my requisition form in for the EDC.....the same way you can buy back things you sold for ec to a vendor.The way it's now,if you make a mistake you're screwed.I don't know about you,but I have a life and other things to do beside the STF grind.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-29-2012, 06:06 PM
Sorry to hear that mate, I did it myself and now one of my boffs is 2/3rds of the way to his own omega set

I just wish there was an alternative to STFs for better gear, then you could choose an activity that you enjoyed to grind.
Lt. Commander
# 8
04-29-2012, 06:14 PM
You COULD always ask a GM to help you with that.. Just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-29-2012, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik
Its no different than forgetting a zero when putting in a price for an expesive item on the exchange.

Imagine someone accidently selling their D'Kore for 10,000,000

All MMO's are pretty much unforgiving in cases like this where you mess up.

Something like this invariably happens to everyone at some point and once it does your far less likely to make a similar mistake again due to the sting.
Lt. Commander
# 10
04-29-2012, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
You COULD always ask a GM to help you with that.. Just saying.
I could...but GM's are a myth in this game.

And to the others.....why would it be a bad thing if you could turn in your requisition to get your EDC back?