Lt. Commander
# 11
04-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01
I've got MACO shields + Borg everything else, but intend to purchase the Omega shield when am able. Might be interesting to see which works out best - full Borg set, Borg set - shield in favour of MACO shield or Borg set - shield in favour of Omega.

The Omega appears to have a superior recharge rate.
That'd be good information to have.

I ran another STF this morning. The fight went well but the drops were almost non existent. Other than the optional objective loot, there were only two drops the entire time... and one of those was a lockbox.

But the mission was a success.

Current Status
EDC: 3 (320 needed)
Mk X Req: 1

STF Gear Owned
Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Wow. This must have been the most competent fleet I've ever had the pleasure of playing with. The entire Infected Space map took us all of seven minutes. And I managed to get some rare borg salvage. Getting another one will save me a weeks worth of STFs.

Current Status
EDC: 4 (320 needed)
Rare Borg Salvage: 1

STF Gear Owned
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Wow! I currently had 2 rare borg salvage and 1 borg shield tech (common) from 4 STF runs (my first four). (had because I spent it on mk X gear.) I'm also running the same journey as you. I can't space the time to run an STF every day, unfortunately.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1wars
Wow! I currently had 2 rare borg salvage and 1 borg shield tech (common) from 4 STF runs (my first four). (had because I spent it on mk X gear.) I'm also running the same journey as you. I can't space the time to run an STF every day, unfortunately.
I almost did do it today. And I really wasn't in the mood but I went ahead and did it.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-02-2012, 12:26 AM
My TAC oddy is in drydock,I am 8 EDCs away from the MACO refit.My Defiant has the full Omega set.I dont do ground STFs.Im in this for the space Pew-pew.I roll better in other FPS games. I cant get the feel for ground. Good luck on your journey,I will check your status daily.I had two good STFs last night, and one dumpster fire this morning.I dont mind the bad ones, I dont think the group spoke english, and flew rainbow boats. It just sharpens my out of the box thinking.DO share your best, and worst experences here.I love a good STF story.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Woah. That was a barn burner! It took almost the entire 15 minutes to beat the map, but we succeeded. And I managed to pick up two, that's right, two Rare Borg Salvage. Now to go ahead and upgrade something with my haul.

Edit: Bought an antiproton beam array. The DPS is lower than what I was packing but I'm told the 7.5% chance to do 1,000 radiation damage makes it worth it.
Current Status
EDC: 5 (320 needed)

STF Gear Owned
Mk XI Antiproton Beam Array [Borg]
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Today marks a sad day. This is the day I died to a sphere for the first time. Though, in my defense, I was fighting three of them at the same time and just couldn't break away to heal up. In any case, the mission was a success and I got two of the three optional objective rewards. Too bad it was the third item I really wanted.

Current Status
EDC: 6 (310 needed)

STF Gear Owned
Mk XI Antiproton Beam Array [Borg]
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Just engaged in nice battle. This one had a Klingon Carrier on my team. I can see the advantage as the Borg tractor beams kept targeting the fighter pets, but the Carrier was the only one to die and he died twice.

My haul was great. The usual 1 EDC and two Rare Borg Salvage. A great deal!

Edit: Used 2 0f my Rare Borg Salvage to buy another Antiproton Array I'm going to save my EDC for the Maco gear as I seem to be getting enough Borg Salvage to get the weapons.
Current Status
EDC: 7 (300 needed)
Rare Borg Salvage: 1 (4 spent)

STF Gear Owned
Mk XI Antiproton Beam Array [Borg] : 2 ea.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Decided to run it again today. In this group were two Catian Carriers, one Gal-X, one Odyssey, and my Excelsior. At first, it looked as if the battle would go quickly as we whipped the opening cube and two spheres with little effort. But the mission drug on after a while. We still managed to make the optional objective.

The plus side of this map is I actually got a chance to do something other than kill nanite Borg ships. The two carriers and the Odyssey spawn-camped at the Gateway allowing the Dreadnaught and myself the freedom to take care of the rest. It was an otherwise enjoyable run.

My rewards were a bit of a disappointment with only one EDC, one cannon, and two lock boxes.

Edit: Did the entire Devidian series and decided to run an STF one last time tonight. We came very close to failing the optional objective (the countdown timer made it to 58 seconds) but we succeeded. My haul was again a bit lacking with mostly Exchange stuff rather than the desired Borg Tech.
Current Status
EDC: 9 (300 needed)
Rare Borg Salvage: 1 (4 spent)

STF Gear Owned
Mk XI Antiproton Beam Array [Borg] : 2 ea.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Those spamboxes feel like a slap in the face after all that work.Check your inventory for the holo-cheerleaders.