Lt. Commander
# 11
04-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
c-store>items>scroll down to tier 2 duty officer reward, not in inventory> claim
Thanks but I'm not trying to get the item recovered, accepted that it was lost a while ago now. Besides which that was one of the first things I tried, the doff may only be claimed once.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-30-2012, 03:25 PM
It sounds like a bug. All the tribble rewards except for the dilithium should be reclaimable. If it is greyed out then we should get Cryptic to fix this problem. Since the DOFF is bound and unique there is no reason not to make it reclaimable.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBludd View Post
c-store>items>scroll down to tier 2 duty officer reward, not in inventory> claim
Apparently, you can only claim this once now which does suck and makes no sense unless people claimed deleted got dilithium and claimed again
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-01-2012, 12:36 AM
It is weird because it looks like from the screen that it should be reclaimable if it is not currently in your inventory. I am not going to dismiss mine to test this, but if it is not reclaimable, it is probably by accident, not design.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-01-2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
It is weird because it looks like from the screen that it should be reclaimable if it is not currently in your inventory. I am not going to dismiss mine to test this, but if it is not reclaimable, it is probably by accident, not design.
Nope, purposely done t his way by design. Stops people from claiming the doff, dismissing it for dilithium, reclaiming it, dismissing it, etc. You could get infinite dilithium doing that which would be bad for Cryptic. It may only be claimed once per character, which is why I want the popup to help prevent it being lost for various reasons.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Dude, please dont quote pieces from my posts. I dont like that.

PS: edited to replace previous post with a new one.

Just know this; I am giving you the benefit of doubt... But just dont try to ask what I am in doubt about; for I know you wont like the answer.

PS: Cryptic thanks you for your financial support.
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-05-2012, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tth3wk4n3
Dude, please dont quote pieces from my posts. I dont like that.

PS: edited to replace previous post with a new one.

Just know this; I am giving you the benefit of doubt... But just dont try to ask what I am in doubt about; for I know you wont like the answer.

PS: Cryptic thanks you for your financial support.
this is perhaps the most unusual, and most incoherant thing i have ever seen posted in the sto forums... first off, if you post it, it will and can most likely be quoted, you dont want anyone quoting you, then dont post.

secondly, while i know you were not trying to upset him (as you were being somewhat curtious by saying, no offense, or not meaning to hurt you type stuff, your post was still full of hate, it basically called him a moron, and he simply stated that he wasnt crying to get his stuff back..

this is a topic we have discussed on our own forum boards in our own fleet forums, and he is well aware of everything you had to say, which is why he was simply stating that a pop up (like it does in any other instance like this) should come up to ask if you really want to sacrafice said character...

while i try to read everything, i have gotten a little more complacent with the doff system as 98 percent of the time you are revisiting a mission you have already done a thousand times... while i agree that peeps should read stuff, the doff system and its text is a different animal. the fact that it is a secondary game within the game and every single mission is repeatable, means im not gonna read a sensor analysis mission 1500 times...

it was an honest mistake and he is trying to make sure that someone like yourself will not have to suffer the same fate.....

good day sir... leave your hate at the door....
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4tth3wk4n3
This thread is about trying to prevent something happening in the game that I know happens quite often. You're welcome to agree or disagree with the idea, as I welcome ideas as to why this would or would not work. I'm a little confused about why giving people the benefit of the doubt on things tho, have I missed something that was said that needed your approval?
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-06-2012, 10:38 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-06-2012, 11:00 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto

Edit: Apologies