Lt. Commander
# 21
05-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarContinuum
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto
dude its not worth it. let him not make all the sense in the world. every other person in this thread has been paying attention to what you had to say...

i say they should add a pop up to warn you if your gonna lose a doff... however, i fear them adding something like that cause cryptic is known for adding something to the game, and then half the game crashing shortly after lol.... but it is still a good idea...
Lt. Commander
# 22
05-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putnam
dude its not worth it. let him not make all the sense in the world. every other person in this thread has been paying attention to what you had to say...

i say they should add a pop up to warn you if your gonna lose a doff... however, i fear them adding something like that cause cryptic is known for adding something to the game, and then half the game crashing shortly after lol.... but it is still a good idea...
no more freaking pop ups......

This particular mission has RED TEXT plain as day. The white text is like 2 sentances. And the Red is below those. You dont have to scroll. All you have to do is look at it. The only mission I think is sketchy is the consolar one where it eats a diplo or advisor. But this one is pretty clear. It also awards 500 dilith and generally any mission that awards high dilith eats the doffs or materials. That should also have been a clue.

If it hadnt been his brand new exocomp its doubtful he would even be complaining.

The solution is simply for people to read the text if they are unfamiliar with a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 23
05-06-2012, 07:04 PM
I think this problem is more common that most people realize. I know a lot of people who doff on like 6 characters at once and don't read all the text, they just very quickly start every assignment they can and jump to the next character. The popup is just my initial idea, open to suggestions on less obtrusive ways to save the redshirts (doffs) from being killed off :-P
Lt. Commander
# 24
05-07-2012, 06:07 AM
The red text just needs to be in a more obvious location - make it appear directly above the doff slots when planning the assignment, instead of at the end of the assignment summary text.
Lt. Commander
# 25
05-07-2012, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarContinuum
[...]and don't read all the text, they just very quickly start every assignment they can and jump to the next character[...]
That definitely the wrong way to Doffing. Everyone should look what he needs from the available assingments and do those missions. Doing it this way would net better mission and results, while saving people from taking the wrong assingments.

regards,
Mr. J
Lt. Commander
# 26
05-07-2012, 10:25 AM
New Mission: Spring The Changeling Spy From Federation Prison

Lt. Commander
# 27
05-07-2012, 10:49 AM
We are looking into ways to clarify the situation for players without causing unnecessary overhead for experienced users of the system.
Lt. Commander
# 28
05-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Why not adjust the DOFF in question so it doesn't award Dilithium when dismissed an allow people to reclaim it if lost? The DS9 Pack DOFFs are already set up this way, so why not these others?
Lt. Commander
# 29
05-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I did the same thing on the KDF side and lost a Very Rare Energy Weapons Officer. I admit it was my mistake and a failure to read the red text that said the officer would be lost.

I did not accept the rewards from the assignment's completion and opened a GM Ticket hoping they would cancel the assignment and give me the officer back since I made a mistake.

The GM was not willing to cancel the assignment nor give me the officer back. The only thing I can do is leave the assignment sitting in my completed list as a reminder to NEVER do that assignment again. Changlings are now welcome on all my vessels LOL.
Lt. Commander
# 30
05-07-2012, 05:00 PM
Couple of quick suggestions, don't know how feasible these are to implement however.

On assignments where a Doff regardless of quality is going to be lost.

1) Put the Red Text stating this before the assignment description, that way in order to read the assignment description, you have to read it.

2) Change casualty risk to read "FATAL". I can't recall the current casualty risk these type of assignments use, but the highest I recall seeing in the doff system is "Extreme".

Regarding the addition of a confirmation popup, I'm not opposed to the idea. These types of 'certain death' assignment appear to be quite rare, on the Fed side at least.