Lt. Commander
# 1 New Enterprise Models
04-30-2012, 09:45 AM
So i have like nearly all the enterprise models on my desk and for my collection but i am missing the new enterprise are there any plans for cbs and cryptic to do a joint venture and release this ship as a model

or any other ships that cryptic have made i would love a star cruiser what an awesome model that ship would be
Lt. Commander
# 2
04-30-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmack
So i have like nearly all the enterprise models on my desk and for my collection but i am missing the new enterprise are there any plans for cbs and cryptic to do a joint venture and release this ship as a model

or any other ships that cryptic have made i would love a star cruiser what an awesome model that ship would be

Lt. Commander
# 3
04-30-2012, 01:44 PM
LOL, hi mack! There is a new thread suggesting that cryptic work on a way to print out and mail us 3d-printed versions of our starships every couple months. Unfortunately, the idea just never picks up any steam.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-01-2012, 12:20 AM
Sad to hear that hort i really am it will cost a small fortune to make one on my own but hey ho if i cant get a model ill either have to have one made or try and biuld it myself

good to see you still around aswell bud
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmack
Sad to hear that hort i really am it will cost a small fortune to make one on my own but hey ho if i cant get a model ill either have to have one made or try and biuld it myself

good to see you still around aswell bud
Man If I was still going to a traditional classroom, I would have used our rapid prototyper to make you one.
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Wow I just had an awesome idea

There's a caffe in Tokyo (where I live) called "fab caffe"

In it they have an industrial 3D printer for patrons to use. The theme for that place is that you go in for coffee and come out with something you made yourself.

My girl friend works for the company that started the caffe. I'm gonna try and get the new oddy "printed" out

It will be made out of wood i imagine. Then it will need painting.

I'm gonna give it a try!
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Sounds awesome! You're lucky that you have a 3D printer near you-I thought those were experimental.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-05-2012, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek1wars
Sounds awesome! You're lucky that you have a 3D printer near you-I thought those were experimental.
Nah, consumers can get them now. They vary in the $1,000-$2,000 range. There are a lot of methods. One of the most exciting ideas I've read about is one that lets you recycle what you don't like anymore. You print out a statue to find out you don't like it? Just melt it down and use the plastic again for another job.

Here's one that's even called a Replicator, in good Trek style.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Oh. That's it? Only 2 grand? Wow.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-06-2012, 02:22 PM
I wish they would make a set all the same scale of the NX-01, 1701, 1701-A, 1701-B, 1701-C, 1701-D, and 1701-E.

I always wanted to build a complete set and if enough room inside light them all up as well. I even though of just painting them all gold tone.