Lt. Commander
# 11
04-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
That would make too much sense. The game is broken. Almost nothing works properly, and they just keep releasing more C-Store crap to the unenlightened masses of Care-Bears. We've been complaining about pet-spam in PvP for as long as I can remember, they keep adding more (many thru consoles or devices. Who needs hangars?). We keep asking for powers to be fixed. They keep adding more to break, via consoles, again.

Now it's a Fed carrier, we all knew it was coming. I was in denial, I think, hoping there was still a chance it would just go away. Feds shouldn't have a carrier. No such luck, here it is.

At least most of the available offensive sci powers do absolutely nothing, and the remaining ones require a decent-turn rate to use well.
"here's this great new sci ship!"

Two weeks later "Sir we've only sold 100 of these.... "

"WTF"

"What do you mean science is lolz? what does 'lolz' mean?"

I am almost willing to bet cpoints that we get devs in our sci threads asking what they can do to improve scis once these things fail to sell like hot cakes.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-30-2012, 04:33 PM
For Realz...
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-30-2012, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Thanks Rpers. You just took me out of the ques. I'll be around as that old guy on the porch giving sage advice. But that's it, I'm done.
I never pictured myself as an old man on a porch, so enjoy... I think I will end up as an old man sitting on driftwood on an isolated beach giving sage advice.

I think I need to log onto vent for a while. The people are the only thing this game has left to offer me, and they deserve better than me just disappearing.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-30-2012, 04:35 PM
The specs are significantly better than Klingon carriers AND federation science ships.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-30-2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dribyelruh View Post
The specs are significantly better than Klingon carriers AND federation science ships.
You noticed that too, huh? Insane.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-30-2012, 04:38 PM
Am I the only one that insta-face palm'd when this news was released?

Things that are an issue with this:
  1. Sci is broken... why release more Sci ships?
  2. Pet spam has been an issue forever. So now we combat that with moar spam? K.
  3. -1 for Klingon originality
  4. Why is this a better overall Carrier than the Vo'Quv?
  5. Why is this now arguably the best Fed Sci ship?
  6. What happened 'NO FED CARRIERS, STOP ASKING!'
  7. VM and PSW are pretty much the only offensive Sci abilities worth using right now. Both of which require a decent turn rate. So what is this barge going to do? Just spit out moar spam?
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-30-2012, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
"here's this great new sci ship!"

Two weeks later "Sir we've only sold 100 of these.... "

"WTF"

"What do you mean science is lolz? what does 'lolz' mean?"

I am almost willing to bet cpoints that we get devs in our sci threads asking what they can do to improve scis once these things fail to sell like hot cakes.
Flaw in theory - PvE doesn't care about sci resists. NPC's don't have them. RPers will still run to this ship like flies to cowpies.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-30-2012, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Am I the only one that insta-face palm'd when this news was released?
How's that 5th chance going? Cryptic strikes again. And no, you weren't the only one.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-30-2012, 04:41 PM
Quote:
I never pictured myself as an old man on a porch, so enjoy... I think I will end up as an old man sitting on driftwood on an isolated beach giving sage advice.

I think I need to log onto vent for a while. The people are the only thing this game has left to offer me, and they deserve better than me just disappearing.
I never said where that porch was located :p
Yeah, that's the only reason I'm not totally disappearing, there's too many people around here that I enjoy hanging out with.
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-30-2012, 04:42 PM
Quote:

Yeah, your fellow Pandas miss you!

I think I'll be the science captain who retires to an isolated cottage in the woods and tells tales to passing travelers of the days when science ships were worth running. Now the only place that sci captains can really find a home is in a bloody cruiser... Panda.