Lt. Commander
# 21
04-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr1580 View Post
How's that 5th chance going? Cryptic strikes again. And no, you weren't the only one.
Umm... I think I've played like 2 real matches since I've been back. And I'm utterly bored.

Didn't even bother with the new FE. My Scis are sitting there gathering dust. Other than logging on to chat, I think I'll be taking a back seat for a while.

EDIT: Now that I think about it... if I was able to DPS pretty well in a DSSV, I think I'll be able to DPS quite well in one of these barges. Granted, of course, Sci gets fixed and I somehow find the urge to give Cryptic money.
Lt. Commander
# 22
04-30-2012, 05:48 PM
There goes the neighborhood...

So much for the (relatlvely) spam-free alternative of FvF queues.
Lt. Commander
# 23
04-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldoran
Yeah, your fellow Pandas miss you!

I think I'll be the science captain who retires to an isolated cottage in the woods and tells tales to passing travelers of the days when science ships were worth running. Now the only place that sci captains can really find a home is in a bloody cruiser... Panda.
Let me go move some sprinklers around, and I'll make it happen. Talk to you in a bit.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-30-2012, 05:49 PM
GG cryptic.

First, no fed carrier ever go away.
Then catian carrier gaiz!... lol j/k guys, we almost had you there!
Then to 'more of a flight deck ship than a true carrier'
Finally to omg best carrier in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 25
04-30-2012, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
[*]What happened 'NO FED CARRIERS, STOP ASKING!'
[/list]

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Its all about the Benjamins
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-30-2012, 05:51 PM
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

I can't believe they are actually putting a fed carrier in the game! Those forum trolls have won! They spammed the forum from day one with "WE NEED A FED CARRIER" threads and the devs actually listened!

They took away the last of 3 things that makes the KDF unique: BoPs, Carriers, and cloak. Cloak was gone with the Gal-X and Defiant (at least those are canon). The universal slots on BoPs are found on a number of Fed ships, like the Odyssey, Nebula, Jem'Hadar attack ship, and Galor. And now, the Feds have a carrier.

G1 Cryptic, g1.

And this thing isn't even somewhat viable in PvP due to science nerfs.

Oh, and they just keep outdoing the Nebula. I love the ship, but I have never found a good reason to use it. It's squishier than my RSV, despite having better defensive skills, and it was outdone as a healer by the Odyssey. And now, this carrier just owns it in everything but turning, though not by much.

Do you think Cryptic would miss us if we all just up and left?
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
Ugh, now even the FvF queues will not be safe from tons of spam...
I was just thinking the same thing, main reason i qued fvf is because all the spam from klink carriers (sorry but its true) only fun games i had that were fvk the klingons had no carriers, and yes, klinks still won (most but not all) and that was with out spam, so now the fed que is unsafe, great
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devblog
More information about these will be revealed in the patch notes that will be posted Wednesday evening.
Are we to interpret this such that the build will be going live untested?
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
Naturally. Do you expect anything less? Why spoil the joy of spending 20 dollars and trying out the ship by testing it?

I left STO for about a year after Season 3. I thought Cryptic had changed. I was right, but they are so much worse now. This is really disheartening, because STO is a lot of fun. These changes and policies are unfun.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
Par for the course... par for the course.