Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-30-2012, 04:56 PM
I'll get it just because I have a Caitian tac. Wether I'll actively use it or not depends on how well she does in it; I doubt I'll put it on my Sci toon because he has far too many ships as it is and I don't feel like clearing any...

Yay for inefficient ship distribution.
Lt. Commander
# 12
04-30-2012, 04:58 PM
I have to admit it looks pretty damn cool! Will get it... when there's a sale. :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91
I also noticed differences between the Kitty Carrier and the Vo'quv:

Boffs: The Kitty Carrier has a Lieutenant Tactical vs. the Vo'quv's Lieutenant Commander Tactical. In exchange the Vo'quv only has a Lieutenant Science and Commander Science vs. The Kitty Carrier's Lieutenant Commander Science and Commander Science. Makes sense as Klingons are warriors first, scientists second.

The Kitty Carrier is less durable than the Vo'quv, but has better shielding. Otherwise the Vo'quv and the Kitty carrier are the same

What bothers me though is why does the Vo'quz only has +10 to auxillary, yet the Kitty Carrier gets +5 to Shields and +10 to Auxillary?

Also, what is a Thoron Device?
The Aegis Set generates a Thoron Distortion Field which reduces enemy accuracy by 10%. I presume the Thoron Device here functions as similar 'defensive ECM', to put it in easier understood terms. The Aegis deflector also gives +5 to shield power.

Makes sense a Federation carrier would incorporate some prior advanced starship research into its innate capability. If it were a native Caitian design it also makes perfect sense it would be equipped with some Starfleet technology to bolster its survivability in today's "2409" battlefield. They're part of the Federation and this is marketed as a Starfleet ship and fully compatible with Starfleet modular ship components after all (as is implemented in game.)

I also like the additional science boffs as it makes possible to play this as a 'space control' ship. The fighters to me are a bonus really, as 6 weapon slots are adequate for a science vessel. Fighters should be used as a precision strike tool, not one to slug it out with determined opposition as its wasteful to Zerg rush the enemy blindly (Heard that, Sisko?)
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
The Aegis Set generates a Thoron Distortion Field which reduces enemy accuracy by 10%. I presume the Thoron Device here functions as similar 'defensive ECM', to put it in easier understood terms. The Aegis deflector also gives +5 to shield power.

Makes sense a Federation carrier would incorporate some prior advanced starship research into its innate capability. If it were a native Caitian design it also makes perfect sense it would be equipped with some Starfleet technology to bolster its survivability in today's "2409" battlefield. They're part of the Federation and this is marketed as a Starfleet ship and fully compatible with Starfleet modular ship components after all (as is implemented in game.)

I also like the additional science boffs as it makes possible to play this as a 'space control' ship. The fighters to me are a bonus really, as 6 weapon slots are adequate for a science vessel. Fighters should be used as a precision strike tool, not one to slug it out with determined opposition as its wasteful to Zerg rush the enemy blindly (Heard that, Sisko?)
Yeah this could be a Space Control Ship like ship, ala Star Fleet Battles. Then again so can the Vo'quv. One hanger devoted to BOP's (Pseudo Fighters or PF's) the other hanger devoted to To'duj fighters
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-30-2012, 05:56 PM
25 USD... hmmm

Option 1) Forfeit Coffee for a whole week.

Option 2) Buy Caitian Carrier.

Sorry. My 0400 alarm demands sustence. Coffee wins.
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-30-2012, 06:20 PM
Nope no plans to.

I'd love to have a fighter carrier, but what am I going to with it? Same three half broken STFs and Tour the Universe? Not worth it.

Now fighter pets in the D-Store. If they are similar to the Scorpion fighters from the vault I'll convert real money for those. If they are actual combat orientated pets. Saves me the trouble of running that damn vault mission constantly to get more fighters.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-30-2012, 06:39 PM
In my case, yes, I am liable to design a new character around it and make it my main. I might not buy it until next month though when my stipend comes in and I get the new character trully leveled and ready. (I am still waiting this months...) I really like the BOFF layout on this ship compared to the Kingon carrier as its more clear cut to put together a useful build. I can see it being a monster in STFs supporting the others like guarding Kang in cure or shutting down a cube in others.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Nope. Not even if I got it for free.

Not a fan of Caitian's anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr
Nope. Not even if I got it for free.

Not a fan of Caitian's anyway.
Agreed. Not a fan of carriers anyway, for some reason I prefer to blow things upon with my own guns, not with Matchbox cars
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-30-2012, 06:54 PM
No.

I like it and all, I mean the design is a little too Romulanish for my tastes, but it's still a good looking ship, and best of all it makes Fed Science not entirely useless! But I'll be saving my money for the Vesta or Akira Refit when those happen. Their designs, concepts, and what I've learned of their potential play style appeals to me more than the Carrier does.