Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 81
05-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Beautiful ship. I feel I need to learn more about the differences between its various pets, and possibly tweak the Boff layout a bit. In PvP, she does well, but not perfectly yet.

And controlling carrier pets is just fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 82
05-03-2012, 05:24 PM
Need to figure out the BOFF powers to take it up that notch. Trying to figure out the next pet to buy deltas or peregines.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 83
05-03-2012, 06:22 PM
I seem to be in the minority in thinking it is an awful looking ship. My question to the people that like the ship is do you feel like the look of the ship fits into the Trek universe? I think it really looks out of place alongside all the Trek ships. Even the Kar'FI, though not technically a Klingon ship, has a Klingon faction look to it, which is more than I can say for the Atrox.

As far as releasing it early, I am sure it comes down to making money sooner. If Cryptic turns around and invests in making this a better game with their profits, than I am all for this. If they just start to release more cash items and turn f2p into play to win and neglect game play issues, than I am sure they will alienate their veteran player base. Only time will tell.

I don't think I will purchase the Atrox any time soon unless I create a FED science character down the road. Personally, I would rather jump into a Kar'FI or just continue to fly my free Vo'quv.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 84
05-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkincrow
As far as releasing it early, I am sure it comes down to making money sooner. If Cryptic turns around and invests in making this a better game with their profits, than I am all for this. If they just start to release more cash items and turn f2p into play to win and neglect game play issues, than I am sure they will alienate their veteran player base. Only time will tell.

I don't think I will purchase the Atrox any time soon unless I create a FED science character down the road. Personally, I would rather jump into a Kar'FI or just continue to fly my free Vo'quv.
That's more or less why I didn't buy the meow. I play Star Trek games for a Starfleet or KDF or Romulan experience and learn their heritage, be it cultural or in terms of starship evolution. This 'alien' design is just that, something to create 'generic sci fi' appeal.

However, in a 'certain gaming group' once I voiced a similar observation that the Atrox is more Goa'uld than Star Trek, I was simply told 'to go have fun' with it.

I replied that's not what I do in Star Trek - but there you go. This ship is targeted not at the veteran Trekker but the 'casual' sci fi gamer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 85
05-03-2012, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
However, in a 'certain gaming group' once I voiced a similar observation that the Atrox is more Goa'uld than Star Trek, I was simply told 'to go have fun' with it.

I replied that's not what I do in Star Trek - but there you go. This ship is targeted not at the veteran Trekker but the 'casual' sci fi gamer.
I guess as long as they don't release one of those horrible flying pyramid spaceships :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 86
05-03-2012, 07:00 PM
I'd be more inclined to buy it if Science wasn't the redheaded stepchild of STO. Until they decide to fix many of the broken Sci abilities, I'll just stay in my Sciscort.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 87
05-03-2012, 07:42 PM
No, i will not buy it. Not now at least.
1. It is too slow.
2. Too many people will get it, there will be lots of "copies" of this ships everywhere, i'll prefer to stay in my current ship just to differ from the crowd...
3. It will be "not very good" if all group will be in carriers.

But yes, the ship itself is interesting enough...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 88
05-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
That's more or less why I didn't buy the meow. I play Star Trek games for a Starfleet or KDF or Romulan experience and learn their heritage, be it cultural or in terms of starship evolution. This 'alien' design is just that, something to create 'generic sci fi' appeal.

However, in a 'certain gaming group' once I voiced a similar observation that the Atrox is more Goa'uld than Star Trek, I was simply told 'to go have fun' with it.

I replied that's not what I do in Star Trek - but there you go. This ship is targeted not at the veteran Trekker but the 'casual' sci fi gamer.
I agree wholeheartedly, Although I don't see how it looks Goa'uld.

I see more of the hooked prow, and almost bulbous design of a Covenant CAS-class Supercarrier like Long Night of Solace or Sublime Transcendence. Damn Splitjaws are starting to influence everything.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 89
05-04-2012, 02:27 AM
To me, it looks pretty much like a Star Trek ship, though not of human origin, obviously: It has two Warp nacelles, a sleek neck, and thicker hull and "saucer" areas, a bit like the Klingon ships in that regard.

If they get Starfleet hull materials and paint, they will be very Starfleet. I hope they will.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 90
05-04-2012, 02:38 AM
I need advice on this ship. I have 3 sets, the Aegis, the Breen and the newest one from the last FE.
Any tips on which set is better on the Atrox? I'm using the Aegis atm cause it feels like I take less of a beating, however, I rarely use my powers in solomissions. Thinking maybe it's overkill?
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:24 PM.