Lt. Commander
# 11
05-07-2012, 01:54 PM
This one was by far the worst mission I have played so far in this game. Utterly frustrating, and verging on actually unplayable due to the messed up pathfinding.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-07-2012, 06:51 PM
as a pretty much first time poster here: No... it isn't you. This sucks big time in the ground portion. I seriously had to lead my crew through by setting up rally points every few feet of travel. Otherwise they would wander off and drown in lava or get stuck behind a shield, or just not be able to find the path that was 2 feet from where they were standing... and even then, after the rally points i've had to accept that 1 or 2 were gonna have to be left behind.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-09-2012, 12:16 AM
I also just started dipping into the episodes and encountered this a couple days ago. Even when standing right next to my officers and setting rally points in front, behind, to the left, to the right of me, they were still running in tiny circles, or just staring at me. So yes, it's pretty much a solo ground run.
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-12-2012, 03:06 AM
I think this map is because of the requirement that every mmo/rpg have at least one map that demonstrates the ultimate in NPC follower pathfinding fail.

Luckily I'm an engineer, so it just took forever with spamming turrets and running away.

Was vaguely amusing the end boss chasing a drone around.
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-12-2012, 07:58 AM
When I first did this mission I nearly gave up on it. What I found was that I could PAINFULLY lead my away team to solid ground at one point of the map using zillions of waypoints (!!!). Then the hilarious thing was that I'd run accross the next bridge to the next group of bad guys, fire at one them, run away back towards my team with this guy chasing me and then let the team despatch him !!! Rinse, repeat...lol

Now when I rerun the episodes...I skip this one!!!

It really is shoddy workmanship to release an episode thats virtually unplayable and certainly not enjoyable.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-13-2012, 12:24 AM
I've still never actually finished this mission on my main since I was playing on Advanced or Elite or whatever (and alas I cannot solo fifteen Elite Cardis). I remember the pathfinding being hilarious, I had no idea my bridge officers were such a suicidally depressed complement (to the point where they'd run into lava) until that mission. Take one who has the shield fabrication thingy ability if you want real laughs.