Lt. Commander
# 1 UNable to Authenticate
05-01-2012, 02:03 AM
I've been trying for 3 hours!

Sometimes I can get past the launcher and into character select. When that happens I almost immediately get booted to 'server not responding'.

Then occasionally, i can get to the loading screen after that. At 35% load, i suddenly get 'Server not responding in Red'. Sometimes get through, sometimes I don't.

This is all assuming the launcher responds in the first place. I get a feeling this is a server issue, because the website itself 'startrekonline.com' is also slow and sometimes not responding. I am not having any issue anywhere else, and have run speed tests and ping tests all over the place.

What's up? Why does the server report as Green when it won't let me on?
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csm67
I've been trying for 3 hours!

Sometimes I can get past the launcher and into character select. When that happens I almost immediately get booted to 'server not responding'.

Then occasionally, i can get to the loading screen after that. At 35% load, i suddenly get 'Server not responding in Red'. Sometimes get through, sometimes I don't.

This is all assuming the launcher responds in the first place. I get a feeling this is a server issue, because the website itself 'startrekonline.com' is also slow and sometimes not responding. I am not having any issue anywhere else, and have run speed tests and ping tests all over the place.

What's up? Why does the server report as Green when it won't let me on?
You need to run the 'Trace Route' & 'Net Test' diagnostics located in this thread...
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=225155

and post the results here... This would provide information on what the problem could be....
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
You need to run the 'Trace Route' & 'Net Test' diagnostics located in this thread...
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=225155

and post the results here... This would provide information on what the problem could be....
I agree on this... If it were the server, we would all be experiencing lag or server not responding issues, so it has to be somewhere between your computer and the server...