Lt. Commander
# 11
05-01-2012, 06:01 AM
i trust you are all speculating on the market? swapping all your dilithium for CP whilst the price rises and sell CP when the market peaks? There is profit to be made or do you all not have the lobs for business?

price i reckon about 340
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-01-2012, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarren
i trust you are all speculating on the market? swapping all your dilithium for CP whilst the price rises and sell CP when the market peaks? There is profit to be made or do you all not have the lobs for business?

price i reckon about 340
I loaded up the past few days at 300 - 303.

I have my CP loaded and ready to sell.
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-01-2012, 06:18 AM
I can see it topping 400 easy with the new Catian Carrier coming out.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-01-2012, 06:23 AM
9000!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-01-2012, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .UnholyAngel. View Post
I can see it topping 400 easy with the new Catian Carrier coming out.
What it really depends on is when those speculating decide to unload and initiate a run on the market.

Lets face it. The price will climb only until it gets high enough to cause a sell off large enough to induce a panic to unload before it goes back down.

I just don't see enough people being willing to hold it til it gets to 400.

Many people who are speculating are in at 300ish.

Ask yourself how much profit will make the bulk of the speculators satisfied enough to start dumping.

I am guessing a 50 CP profit will satisfy most speculators. Once they start selling off that will be it. My guess is it will fall back and hold at 325 after hitting 350.

I simply do not think the Caitian Carrier will cause more than a 25 point increase from the moment it becomes available. Although the new C Store carrier pets might push it a bit further.
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Of course this is all assuming that the prices will go back down afterwards. At the last C-Store sale it jumped from 250 to 280, then only dropped back down to about 270 before slowly climbing back to 280. Last week it jumped from 280 to 330, then slowly down to 310ish yesterday to whatever it is now. It never drops all the way back to where it was originally, plus the marginal difference between Buy and Sell prices anyways. Making any significant amount on this requires a couple thousand C-points to begin with, and if you have that much what are you really doing other than screwing with other people because you can?
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-01-2012, 12:36 PM
well thats cryptic manipulating the market, strategic releases of items to keep the ratio high so our dilithium is worth less real moolah
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
What it really depends on is when those speculating decide to unload and initiate a run on the market.

Lets face it. The price will climb only until it gets high enough to cause a sell off large enough to induce a panic to unload before it goes back down.

I just don't see enough people being willing to hold it til it gets to 400.

Many people who are speculating are in at 300ish.

Ask yourself how much profit will make the bulk of the speculators satisfied enough to start dumping.

I am guessing a 50 CP profit will satisfy most speculators. Once they start selling off that will be it. My guess is it will fall back and hold at 325 after hitting 350.

I simply do not think the Caitian Carrier will cause more than a 25 point increase from the moment it becomes available. Although the new C Store carrier pets might push it a bit further.

Because there really isn't any effective sink for dil, it has almost no value anyway. It's only good for buying more C-Store points, really. How many purple DoFFs do I need, especially when I can just buy ones (that have resolve, since that is really the only important trait now), using C-Store points. I have to imagine the trend is continuously up, unless they decide to finally make dil worth something.

Actually, gambling it away on keys for boxes would have been a smart use for dil, instead of having them cost C-Store points.
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-01-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
Carrier pets are Dilithium store, not C-store. So this will actually have the opposite effect.

From the blog:
Quote:
In addition to this new carrier, starting Thursday, we are introducing rare (blue) quality fighter-pets into the Dilithium store -- these will be available for both factions. More information about these will be revealed in the patch notes that will be posted Wednesday evening.
Lt. Commander
# 20
05-03-2012, 11:42 AM
I predict it will be 307 on thursday @ 18:42 UTC ;P