Lt. Commander
# 2
05-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
can we PLEASE get rid of this?

http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/hqlt...2610542660.jpg

...it's not like anybody would be reading this stuff anyway
Actually if you adjust your UI (F12) you can move those notifcations to somewhere else on your screen. I moved mine to behind my chat box and makes things a lot better.
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Instead of just moving it I would like an option to just toggle it off like with the XP bar at the top of the screen.
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-02-2012, 04:18 AM
The Problem is that there are SOME things in there that people want to see, (like if a mission puts out one of these shorty BOff messages).

but there is way to much spam!

i don't care to see a fly by every time a friend logs off / on (if i want to see that i activate it inside the chat box!)

i don't care to see DOff Mission stuff in there...

i don't care to see all that Need of Greed spam

granted it's half as bad when there are no lockboxes around because the Quantity of loot is just way lower then... but since those aren't going away anymore i think something has to be done now.

ALSO in shooter mode there is still no way to press the need or greed button -> playing STF's in Shooter mode is just impractical because of that.

heck with how the community reacts on the forced need or greed setting in STF's i would just remove the whole system and change it to something like round robbing.
pressing the extra button all the time is annoying enough,
this fly by text stuff is annoying as hell
and if people start to b***h about someone pressing need all the time (or because you needed that one item they wanted but didn't get because they greeded it... *ugh*)

that all is just distracting from playing the game!
Lt. Commander
My main complaint with the greed/need UI is that it doesn't show stats on item mouseover like literally everywhere else in the UI.

I'll find myself hitting "need" on items that I don't really need, just because I can't be certain if it's better than one I already have, or when I don't know what the item is because I don't have one and don't know what its effects are.

Mouseover item stats, please!
Lt. Commander
# 6
05-04-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by takatoriyama
My main complaint with the greed/need UI is that it doesn't show stats on item mouseover like literally everywhere else in the UI.

I'll find myself hitting "need" on items that I don't really need, just because I can't be certain if it's better than one I already have, or when I don't know what the item is because I don't have one and don't know what its effects are.

Mouseover item stats, please!
Over time you will get to know the items just by glancing at them. Most of the time I can tell pretty quickly if my equipped item is better or worse than the one being offered. Just hang in there and you'll get it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
05-05-2012, 11:38 PM
When they added the ability to disable the Lock Box Ship Winner spam I was happy when I read about that in the patch notes as I thought it would also get rid of the Need or Greed spam but that ended up not being the case. This spam really needs to have the ability to be hidden as well or just put it all in the chat window as it makes it tough to see what is going on as evident by that screenshot.
Lt. Commander
# 8
05-26-2012, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
Instead of just moving it I would like an option to just toggle it off like with the XP bar at the top of the screen.
There is an option. I turned off the pop-up notifications immediately after I rejoined STO. Quite annoying and I couldn't care less if someone won a Ferengi ship. That kind of stuff should only be confined to the Bulletin function.
Lt. Commander
# 9
05-29-2012, 04:19 PM
The "Who Won What Loot" should be in the chat window with on option to also be on the screen. That is my opinion on the matter.
Lt. Commander
# 10
05-29-2012, 09:56 PM
WHy not just change it to "Want or Pass"? Everyone just ****ing "Needs" anyway.