Lt. Commander
# 11
05-30-2012, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warduke73 View Post
The "Who Won What Loot" should be in the chat window with on option to also be on the screen. That is my opinion on the matter.
Yup.
Just like other system messages, it should be one of the various things we can leave in the chat box. I do not need an on-screen flyby for that kind of thing.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-30-2012, 05:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptBANG View Post
The Problem is that there are SOME things in there that people want to see, (like if a mission puts out one of these shorty BOff messages).

but there is way to much spam!

i don't care to see a fly by every time a friend logs off / on (if i want to see that i activate it inside the chat box!)

i don't care to see DOff Mission stuff in there...

i don't care to see all that Need of Greed spam

granted it's half as bad when there are no lockboxes around because the Quantity of loot is just way lower then... but since those aren't going away anymore i think something has to be done now.

ALSO in shooter mode there is still no way to press the need or greed button -> playing STF's in Shooter mode is just impractical because of that.

heck with how the community reacts on the forced need or greed setting in STF's i would just remove the whole system and change it to something like round robbing.
pressing the extra button all the time is annoying enough,
this fly by text stuff is annoying as hell
and if people start to b***h about someone pressing need all the time (or because you needed that one item they wanted but didn't get because they greeded it... *ugh*)

that all is just distracting from playing the game!
^^This. A thousand times this.
Lt. Commander
# 13
06-06-2012, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic
WHy not just change it to "Want or Pass"? Everyone just ****ing "Needs" anyway.
Best idea on this thread! Need/Greed is far too WoW for my liking, and NOBODY needs to know what option everyone else chose.

A simple " 'Person X' won 'Drop Item Y' " in the Chat-Box is more than enough!
Lt. Commander
# 14
06-06-2012, 06:30 AM
Just give everyone all the loot at the end
EQUALLY

there is no place in a team for "Greed" of any kind unless the team is 100% ferengi
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-06-2012, 06:39 AM
they could just expand the lootsystem that exists for common items (it is sepperated for each player) to all quality levels. Maybe not even make it visible to the other party members. And highlight those damn lootboxes!
and add the optinional bonus loot to the regular loot everybody gets.
It could be as simple as that.
Lt. Commander
# 16
06-06-2012, 08:07 AM
Better yet: Items such as hypos and power cells aren't included in the need/ greed list.

So, since lockboxes tend to spawn, in my experience at least, far more than those things, how about avoiding making it appear there in the first place? I'd have no complaints with it if it at least only showed items that I would be interested in :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
06-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Suggestion: No lockbox drops in STF. That should take care of 2/3 of the need/greed/pass popups.
Lt. Commander
# 18
06-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Honestly, I would like to keep the On Screens Messages Disabled. Trying to play a Ground STF in Shooter mode is a royal pain because I have trouble seeing thru all onscreen message spam. At least make it something placeable in Rearrange HUD so it can positioned where its not a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 19
06-07-2012, 05:49 PM
WIN!

Tribble Patch Notes (Season 6 build):

Need or Greed overhead notifications are now disabled by default.

They may be re-enabled via the notification settings.

-> http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=273070

Lt. Commander
# 20 Seen the patch notes YEAY !!
06-07-2012, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrelic
WHy not just change it to "Want or Pass"? Everyone just ****ing "Needs" anyway.
Obviously you are a full time pug player. You kiss your goldfish with that puke on your lips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23
Suggestion: No lockbox drops in STF. That should take care of 2/3 of the need/greed/pass popups.
How about stop dropping them period or >.05%. The Lock Boxes are allready purchaseable in the Dilithium Store, then there would be a correct sink for dilithium.