Lt. Commander
# 1 Priority One Interviews CDods
05-01-2012, 12:29 PM
In this week's episode of Priority One, Content Designer Chris Dods, who recently designed Alpha and the Vault Shuttle Event, makes his podcast debut.

Link to the interview.
Lt. Commander
# 2
05-02-2012, 12:37 AM
no comments yet? finally listened to it, great show, good to hear from a new dev. keep up the good work on those missions your working on, and i expect to thoroughly be amazed by season 6!
Lt. Commander
# 3
05-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Actually you are mistaken saying that the simplest passwords were hacked. I had a complex password that was 10 characters long with capitals and number mixed in. It was not a word at all.

My account was still hacked. Fortunately I was online when this occurred and all I lost was EC and nothing else, as I was able to kick the offending user out before they got to any of the crafting things or rare items.

MANY people lost everything, some fleets did as well, all money, items, both personal banks and fleet banks cleaned completely out.

Please be clearer of the facts and do not operate on hearsay of Cryptic or others who will by design, downplay this as a inconsequential thing. When in fact it has turned many die hard supporters against some things.

Its a part of online. Fine I can accept that. How it was handled and presented?

No, it showed more issues that cryptic needs to handle, when they are stretched thin already.
Lt. Commander
# 4 A suggestion for the devs
05-02-2012, 10:10 AM
While listening to Chris talk about wanting to do more shuttle missions, and general discussion of flying shuttles in an atmosphere, it sparked an idea I'd love the devs to "steal":

You have a ground mission, but ionic interference in the planet's upper atmosphere makes it impossible to beam down with the transporter. The player must use a shuttle to land on the planet.

Use the gameplay mechanic from the Bepi 113 "slingshot" maneuver in "Night of the Comet" . The player must guide their shuttle through a series of navigational rings in order to land safely.

If we can have nebulas, it shouldn't be much of a stretch to have clouds to fly through.
Lt. Commander
# 5
05-04-2012, 10:42 PM
Finally heard this.

Man, what a likable guy.

Hope Chris gets to realize some of his ideas.